GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Detroits on a Q5?!

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Hello all, I know very little about wheel fitting on various cars (bolt patterns etc)

Do any of you know where I should look to determine if I can put a set of 18" Detroits on my Q5?

Some of you may call me crazy but I spotted a good set of 18" Detroits on CL and thought they might look pretty slick on the Q5, but would like to just pop them on after buying them.

Thoughts? Opinions? Am I completely crazy?

Randum

Go Kart Champion
a quick google search told me the bolt pattern is 5X112 so they will in fact fit. However the oem Q5 wheels have an offset of 18X8 +39 where the detroits are 18X7.5+51. Meaning the detroits are .5" narrower. You'd need some wheel spacers to make the car not look funny.

Oh thank you! So the bolt pattern I need to check - and the "Offset" is where they are located in relation to the body of the car.

Interesting - so technically I could get some spacers and it should line up alright. I wonder how that would look....

rpc07

Ready to race!
I doubt they will fit. Detroits are 57.1 center bore and most if not all newer audis are 66.6. Meaning you can put Audi wheels on a Vw with hub rings but not the other way around. Not to mention you'll need much bigger tires then the 225/40 that comes as oem fitment on the detroits. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I doubt they will fit. Detroits are 57.1 center bore and most if not all newer audis are 66.6. Meaning you can put Audi wheels on a Vw with hub rings but not the other way around. Not to mention you'll need much bigger tires then the 225/40 that comes as oem fitment on the detroits. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Ah, interesting.... yeah I'm pretty sure they are still 225 in width, but it definitely has a bigger sidewall (q5).

The more you know!