Votes: 61 55.0%
  • Yes, I did a Purchase an Extended Warranty

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Hookers

Votes: 10 9.0%

• Total voters

low budget

Passed Driver's Ed
Bringing this back up from the dead. I'm probably pulling the trigger on a 2010 GTI with 97,000 miles. I'm being offered a 3yr/36,000 mile plan through Zurich for $1,700. I feel like I can haggle them down a bit on that.

My concerns are that I do not know if the timing chain tensioner has been replaced, also do not know how this car was driven or maintained prior to now. If I bought it without a warranty I would be going from the lot to the shop to get a new tensioner, with the warranty I can drive it for close to 36,000 miles before I need to replace it. Also I feel that if this car is indeed a maintenance hog I'll find out in the next 36,000 miles and after the warranty is up I can trade it in.

Thoughts?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Make sure to look into the warranty company. Many of them are very poor at taking care of their customers. Also if you are going to mod your car they will not cover you.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Make sure to look into the warranty company. Many of them are very poor at taking care of their customers. Also if you are going to mod your car they will not cover you.
Not sure how it is for Zurich, but the extended warranty on my car is very easy to deal with. I pay my deductible upfront and the shop calls them to receive remaining balance payment over the phone.

Its been hassle free with getting work covered, before and after modifications. In fact, im thinking about extending my warranty even longer....if i decide to keep the car.