GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

do any of you stage 2 guys have issues with passing emissions?

SyDiko

Ready to race!
wow, thats crazy. we get some cars in from NJ every now and then and theyre hammered. worn out brakes and tires, tierods falling off etc.. but god forbid the stock cat isnt there

This made me lol, because it is friggin ridiculous isn't it? Things that greatly affect handling, no, lets say safety is less important than a that allows more air flow. No one wants to run catless (*cough*), but at least they're still there! For craps sake.

Last edited:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
You can always force your readiness monitors to show ready with vagcom

I was going to go this route but if you have the older K04 test-pipe tune, the stock file will still not read the cat. I wasn't aware of this when I received that file otherwise I think I could have performed this initially. :rolleyes:

If you get the new test-pipe file, it will allow stock load levels to read the sensors while still not displaying a CEL when put back into 91-93-100 octane modes.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Unless you go to an inspection station with cameras under the car such as Lodi, Nj. They take a photo under the car and compare it to the OEM spec on their monitors...

Wow I didnt know that about the Lodi Dmv, I went to Wayne and passed with a catted dp and spacer on stock tune. Im may or may not have gutted my cat and im pretty sure i'll pass again next year.

My friend went to Lodi with a catless sti and passed in Lodi, He said the guy asked him about his cats and he said they are tucked away so they're hard to see... and he passed lol

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Wow I didnt know that about the Lodi Dmv, I went to Wayne and passed with a catted dp and spacer on stock tune. Im may or may not have gutted my cat and im pretty sure i'll pass again next year.

My friend went to Lodi with a catless sti and passed in Lodi, He said the guy asked him about his cats and he said they are tucked away so they're hard to see... and he passed lol

Lol, that's nuts. They are literally looking for stuff like that. I'd imagine a missing cat would be an insta fail. They have large LCD screens so you can see the cars passing over, however they go quickly. From my understanding, they aren't trying to watch it when it goes over though. They are just taking a snapshot as it passes over and then compare it.

Your buddy must of gave off a look that they didn't want to argue with because as someone else stated, you can have your entire car falling to pieces with safety issues everywhere, but god forbid that cat isn't sitting pretty, FAIL. :rolleyes:

BadAssBass

Ready to race!
With APR ST 2; non-testpipe file and spacer.
Change the file, drive to inpection. Pass, switch file back, and leave inspection.