GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do you think the 2013 accord v6 coupe is better...

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Im curious what you think about the fiesta st. On one hand, family car roots. On the other, it's pretty raw by modern standards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

Not my question but I think it's the best fun econobox on the market in this country, period. Better than Focus ST, GTI, MS3, Si. 200 hp 2700 lbs with 5 doors and Recaros with 35mpg hwy for like $23k is great.

For pure driving quality though it would need to be made more expensive: add front LSD, get rid of economy rear beam suspension, and stiffen up the chassis a bit more.

Noize

Go Kart Champion
Im curious what you think about the fiesta st. On one hand, family car roots. On the other, it's pretty raw by modern standards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

I think it has a ton of potential, but the fact it doesn't have independent rear suspension completely removes it from consideration for me.

From every indication, the mk7 GTI is righting most of the wrongs we have. The Focus ST beat the mk6 GTI in a Car & Driver comparo, and the mk7 handily whipped the Focus, and that's without the limited slip differential package.

If you want a hot hatch, the Mk7 GTI with the LSD is going to be one heck of a car. With a full 50 extra torque, 4mph higher trap speed, and taller gears, you know they've revised the clutch too!

It's also worth waiting to see what the heck this Civic Type R is going to be, because it looks really promising.

Still, my heart wants to chuck all these wrong wheel drives and go back to Evo-land where everything makes total sense from a performance car standpoint.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
The V6 accord coupe is a nice car,but not a GTI,after quite sometime it becomes another Used Honda,unless you go with blower,LSD and crazy wing-it is just for another car segment.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Honestly...

I have spent some extensive time in a 2010 V6 honda accord coupe ... simply stated... It had too much power for the front wheels.

I could easily do 0-60 in under 6 seconds... clocked it at 5.8 or so. But jesus it was torture, the wheels were hopping and screaming the dash was rattling in the process etc etc. It felt terrible and of course it had torque steer.

Was it faster than a GTI and even a golf R?! yes, by quite a bit as well. But it was just silly because it didn't feel right driving that car fast.

I wouldn't own a V6 version of those cars, it just makes 0 sense.

For the same price you can get into a genesis coupe or a 370z, or a G37 coupe.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
34k is also a golf R. Not to vw fanboi or anything, but the case for a 34k fwd car is strained to say the least. Buy a rwd or awd car.

Personally, I'd find a gently used 135i.

butchered by autocorrect

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
Honestly...

I have spent some extensive time in a 2010 V6 honda accord coupe ... simply stated... It had too much power for the front wheels.

I could easily do 0-60 in under 6 seconds... clocked it at 5.8 or so. But jesus it was torture, the wheels were hopping and screaming the dash was rattling in the process etc etc. It felt terrible and of course it had torque steer.

Was it faster than a GTI and even a golf R?! yes, by quite a bit as well. But it was just silly because it didn't feel right driving that car fast.

I wouldn't own a V6 version of those cars, it just makes 0 sense.

For the same price you can get into a genesis coupe or a 370z, or a G37 coupe.

Summer tires.

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
I had a used 2002 accord coupe v6 as my first car. It was a nice car and super reliable but I agree with people who have said at it's current price there is just too much competition

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
When I was getting my car, I was stuck between a 2011-2012 accord and the GTI, guess what i chose. And the 2013 just doesnt do it, at all either. Interior improved a LITTLE but its still honda interior. I cant stomach

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
34k is also a golf R. Not to vw fanboi or anything, but the case for a 34k fwd car is strained to say the least. Buy a rwd or awd car.

Personally, I'd find a gently used 135i.

butchered by autocorrect

$34k is a VERY nicely optioned 420 HP Mustang GT out the door price. Especially now that they're having essentially a fire sale on the 2014's. Some dude on Vortex just bought a GT with Recaro seats, track pack, etc for like $29k brand new factory ordered.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
$34k is a VERY nicely optioned 420 HP Mustang GT out the door price. Especially now that they're having essentially a fire sale on the 2014's. Some dude on Vortex just bought a GT with Recaro seats, track pack, etc for like $29k brand new factory ordered.

That is a ridiculous deal.

DHS

Passed Driver's Ed
I was looking for a 4 dr when I bought my GTI. I wanted a nimble, quick, 4 dr with auto tranny. Auto was a must, as I have pretty serious medical issues and shifting is sometimes not an option. In addition, it could not be too low...getting up and down is hard for me (multiple surgeries to remove tumors). This was going to be my toy sports car that I always wanted.

35k was a hard upper limit for me. I looked at the accord V6 sedan, but it felt too heavy in the turns...too much understeer too quickly. I did not look at the coupe. Long story short, the short list ended up at a GTI. Nothing else was 4 dr under 35K with an auto. I considered a 3 series, but the way I wanted it, it was 44K.

No regrets.