GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does an 18 full size perfectly fit in the spare well of the mk6?

bruck

Ready to race!
I popped a tire this morning. I was in a rush (on my way to PA) so I changed the flat, limped home and swapped cars. I didn't take the time to check it fully but I was wondering if the rear carpet perfectly fits with a full spare? My carpet was bulged and seemed not to fit but I didn't investigate.

Another curiosity- no wheel guide, what's up with that or did I miss it?

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
I popped a tire this morning. I was in a rush (on my way to PA) so I changed the flat, limped home and swapped cars. I didn't take the time to check it fully but I was wondering if the rear carpet perfectly fits with a full spare? My carpet was bulged and seemed not to fit but I didn't investigate.

Another curiosity- no wheel guide, what's up with that or did I miss it?

it might be a tight squeeze unless you're running some big ass tires lol

and for the wheel guide, do you mean a guide on how to change your tire? i believe they have that in the car manual

bruck

Ready to race!
it might be a tight squeeze unless you're running some big ass tires lol

and for the wheel guide, do you mean a guide on how to change your tire? i believe they have that in the car manual

Hah, no. The tool I'm referring to came with my last audi (01 s4) it is a plastic rod with identical threading to a lug nut at one end. You put it in place of a lug nut, slide the wheel off, and u put the spare over it. It guides the wheel onto the lug spots and holds it up while u mount the first lug. Then u take it out and put the rest of the lugs in.

*Reserving spot for a Thats What She Said*

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
Hah, no. The tool I'm referring to came with my last audi (01 s4) it is a plastic rod with identical threading to a lug nut at one end. You put it in place of a lug nut, slide the wheel off, and u put the spare over it. It guides the wheel onto the lug spots and holds it up while u mount the first lug. Then u take it out and put the rest of the lugs in.

you should have kept that rod from your audi. i'm sure whoever you sold it to wouldn't know it was missing :laugh:

Wheel hangars. PYSpeed.com has them in titanium and a few other nice products :) lots of VMR and i believe they used to carry advan

HatchFanatic06

Ready to race!
I'm not quiet sure what your asking buuuuuut, i got my first flat 6 months after buying the car. Now while buying the car i checked to make sure i had a spare in there i saw rubber and was content. Turns out when i got my flat i went the grab the spare and viola a full size spare. And clearly i didnt notice a bulge.

bruck

Ready to race!
you should have kept that rod from your audi. i'm sure whoever you sold it to wouldn't know it was missing :laugh:

Haha. Sold it- as if.... It was nj'd. Stolen, joy ridden, left for dead, recovered, parted out, man I still miss that car.

Thanks! Py wanted $34+8 shipping for 2. I found this and just ordered on eBay for $10 shipped

EBay aluminum wheel hanger for BMW/Vw/Saab

Yeah man no prob.
And i know those hangars are more money than ebay, justsome people like "premium" stuff so i posted PYspeed's site and figured if u didnt want those ebay had to have some too. :)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
ECS has one for $15 or something, I think too.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie