GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does your car rattle or squeak?

jacjen

New Candy white 4 door ordered with DSG, Detroit wheels and Nav.
Superpsyched to get it and join the community. Car I test drove was silent, but I have heard these cars tend to squeak or rattle. What is your experience with this issue? All opinions wanted. Anything to look for?
Thanks.

MofoG23

Ready to race!
The only noise we had was fixed by properly latching the rear seat (must have been folded down and they did not snap it back into place during the inspection).

ottawaP5

Ready to race!
I have a slight rattle coming from the front passenger door, that is about it. I expect these cars will rattle a little.

scbastv

Ready to race!
I have a slight rattle coming from the front passenger door, that is about it. I expect these cars will rattle a little.

ditto...on my 2 door:mad0259:

denass

I thought I had a squeak after driving it for a day on the highway, turns out it was something I had in the trunk. Rock solid so far!

jacjen

I like the positives on the 4 door. We should not expect these to rattle. German engineering at its finest, eh!

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Inside of front drivers door "rattles" when there is any song with significant bass. I have Dynaudio...if that matters. I dont "blast" my stereo...but if its a good song I will turn it up

mdashali

Ready to race!
I have a 4d and there is a rattle in the driver side door. Something to do with realigning the striker plate. I tried myself but couldn't get any better without disturbing the door flushness. It is going to dealer this week for 90 day inspection and hope to get it fixed. This rattle is one hell of a annoyance to me. But other than this one, (touch wood) I seem to have no problem thus far. I have 1500 miles on the odometer with a lifetime average of 27.1 mpg :D

toady

Passed Driver's Ed
Driver door rattle as well

And a bit of wind noise from the same door. I'm not yet at my courtesy check time / mileage though, so I reckon I'll get that fixed then. Otherwise everything is great!

1000poundman

Suspension rattle, problem solved went back to the dealer and it was a loose connection rod, the guy said it was common on the mk5 but first one he had seen on the mk 6, they replaced it on the spot. Not sure if connection rod is the right term but the vw man has it sussed in 1 min of driving, what with that and the door seals squeaking when the car is twisted on an uneven surface he reckoned I had every right to be a bit annoyed. The sqeaking is caused by dry door seals due to excessive heat, have to go and have them lubricated again. But it does show the chasis does flex a fair bit.

Alex_GTi1

Passed Driver's Ed
Suspension rattle, problem solved went back to the dealer and it was a loose connection rod, the guy said it was common on the mk5 but first one he had seen on the mk 6, they replaced it on the spot. Not sure if connection rod is the right term but the vw man has it sussed in 1 min of driving, what with that and the door seals squeaking when the car is twisted on an uneven surface he reckoned I had every right to be a bit annoyed. The sqeaking is caused by dry door seals due to excessive heat, have to go and have them lubricated again. But it does show the chasis does flex a fair bit.

Yeah same problem with the rattling and squeaking especially from the right hand side where the seat belt is. Kinda annoying but it is on and off. Malaysia and Singapore I guess have the same issue with the heat and material, especially the plastics expanding and contracting. Is that correct? Have another question, how much is APR Carbonio filter in Singapore? Any problem, as I read that places that experience heavy rainfalls, need to have a small hole to be drilled at the bottom of the filter or some part of it. Is that true? Cheers.

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
The only noise we had was fixed by properly latching the rear seat (must have been folded down and they did not snap it back into place during the inspection).

Same here.

jgs5607

Ready to race!
Inside of front drivers door "rattles" when there is any song with significant bass. I have Dynaudio...if that matters. I dont "blast" my stereo...but if its a good song I will turn it up

That is the only rattle I have heard in my car and very few songs will resonate the panel. If it happened on most music, I would get some Dynamat for the doors which would likely dampen or eliminate it altogether.