GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG problems, question about warranty

elibi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car is about a year old, 27.000KM so far. It was running smooth until lately started making clunking noises when down shifting from 3-2 and 2-1, it did not bother me a lot after reading the forums and the dealer confirmed it is normal for DSG to make those noises.

Anyways about 3 weeks ago the car started to make noises when putting into P or N, sounds like it trying to engage and couldn't, it hits 2 to 3 times, then stops, and when that happen, i lose the gears display in the screen, when i put into D or S or M, the car runs fine, but no R! when I put into R the car doesnt move!

the only thing I did is I installed the R LED lights and did the VAG-COM.

My question is, will the dealer know if I did the vag-com mod? and will it void warranty?

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
you just cleared an error. i don't think it will void your warranty. gearbox has nothing to do with a light out code. take it to the dealership.sounds serious

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
I am so selling the car when it is fixed. I guess I will buy an Audi A4 2.0T.

dealership gave me a baseline 2010 a4 1.8T... I Hate It!!!

Nicks06TR

Ready to race!
I had the exact same issue once. the car wouldnt up shift, I was too tired to deal with it so i just turned the car off and in the morning when I started the car it wouldnt shift into reverse. i turned the car off and back on and i have not had the problem since. I have put about 15000 miles on it since then. As long as the dealership says your okay bank on that 100k mile warranty for the dsg.

elibi

Passed Driver's Ed
Now it started doing it almost 2 or 3 times everyday, it always happens when i am coming from a long drive and i want to park, when shifting to reverse, it struggles then boom, nothing happens, i have to switch off and on the car and it is ok.

My appointment with the dealer is next Saturday warranty here is 2 years and it only covers engine and gearbox.

We have the worst VW dealer ever, last time when i told him about the problem, he told me that checking the gearbox will cost me 100$, if it is a failure then i am not paying, but i have to pay if it is my fault and when i asked him how on earth could a gearbox problem be my fault, he said you never know, we have to check.
so i guess i am emailing VW before going there just to cover my ass.

elibi

Passed Driver's Ed
I finally got my car to the dealer today, I was waiting for the "German" technician, he was on vacation, he drove my car and thank god it started doing the weird gearbox stuff after 5 minutes of driving, he seemed aware of the problem, he said it is a software problem and he will upload a new version "that's what he said", it should be ready by tomorrow.

I went to the Audi dealer and drove the A4 1.8 turbo, and you know what? that car feels expensive! it is very quiet! I mean really quiet! I was complaining that it is kindda slow and when the guy found out that I own a GTI he advised me not to buy an A4 because it is not as exciting as the GTI "he owns a GTI", he advised me to keep my car for another year till the warranty ends and then buy the Q3. so I guess that's what I will be doing if my car is alright.

hpowders

Ready to race!
As long as it's fixed.