GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Tuning Discussion

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
Yeah I'm still in the HPA or Uni boat.....but cant decide which side to cast my anchor. More research will help! :D

I've been stuck in this same decision. I'm leaning towards HPA but that price makes me cringe.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
I've been stuck in this same decision. I'm leaning towards HPA but that price makes me cringe.

This is what has me about to try Unitronic.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Anyone else care to comment? I've been hearing some people are doing uni flashes lately....

Quoddy

Ready to race!
I'll be making the 3 hour drive to Excelerate Performance (Branford, CT) for the HPA flash. HPA's long history and experience with VW had me convinced from the start.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I'll be making the 3 hour drive to Excelerate Performance (Branford, CT) for the HPA flash. HPA's long history and experience with VW had me convinced from the start.

$800 right? Let us know how that goes! I'm really curious about HPA

Quoddy

Ready to race!
P

plac

They're all gonna be 80-90% the same thing. Don't know why anyone would want to pay almost double..

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Its been widely regarded that HPA has been doing this forever and Uni is still new to the game. I remember them having issues with start up tuning but everything seems to be ok for now.

Politics and back story aside, everyone who has Uni has been perfectly happy with it. Plus its $400 cheaper. Cant argue that.

P

plac

HPA might have more experience, but the Uni did everything i needed in a DSG tune. Glad i got the 2nd revised edition.

P

plac

regardless of whatever tune one gets, it is a mandatory finishing step after you're sitting at stage 2 and out of mods. It's like the fine tuning of a Unibrace mod, but a lot more punch than that per $ spent. It fixes one of the only flaws in the GTI I have ever known, the confused tranny.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I think $500 is worth fixing the "quirks" that everyone has grown to hate. Beyond that, if driveability is close with Dmode being slightly better, Uni will probably get my money.

Rolling stops are a BITCH