GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DUTCHswift’s Golf R Build Thread

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
The R is getting bagged next week, front bumper holes filled and painted, sidemarkers painted, new tow hook cover painted (I lost mine...), Futura's are getting wrapped in 215/40's, and getting them fit to the car while it's in the shop. I've been really busy getting the Futura's finished and working on a bunch of small projects in order to get the car ready to be bagged. Can't wait for this to be finished. Then I can start getting go fast bits and make all you purists in here happy... :rolleyes: :laugh:

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
Rolled the fenders to prep for the car going to the shop on Monday. Low quality teaser:

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
Planning on getting LED tails, a frame notch, and my digigauge for my bag/tank pressures installed in the near future. Everything with the air suspension has been great except for this one annoying Schrader valve I have for the tank drain. The seal is not seating right and it's draining pressure from my tank. I need to get it replaced ASAP.

Also, found a new location to shoot so hopefully I will have some more photos to share shortly.

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
Stopped by the dealership today and got a fully loaded ECU with APR Stage 1, NLS, and Launch Control.

The car doesn't feel like it's being bogged down with two people anymore so that's awesome. Now I just need to find a quiet back road to practice my launches.

Also, Just put in an order for the following:
- Euro Golf R LED Taillights
- NewSouth Angled Vent Pod Gauge Kit w/ Blue Needle
- APR Boost Tap
- R-Line Monster Mats

Hopefully it all comes in before Wolfsgart on the 31st...

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
Prepping for Wolfsgart has been a little stressful. All the parts I ordered were supposed to get delivered on Tuesday but got delayed to Wednesday... then to Thursday. So last night I thoroughly washed the car, installed the LED Tail Lights and new .:R Line Monster Mats to replace the old GTI ones. Also put a thick coat of wax on the car and spend the rest of the night buffing it out.

Still need to polish the lips on the wheels, finish wiping down the interior, Rain-X all the windows, reset the ride height to make sure it's still at my alignment height, and pack for the trip...

I'm leaving in 5hrs and I have to work for 3 more of them today... :banghead:

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
I didn't have time to get everything done before we left so I spent 3hrs polishing my lips, wiping down the interior in the parking lot of the hotel the night before the show... :sly: :laugh:

Anyways... the show was awesome and it was really an honor to be in the Alpha Class hanger all weekend. They did a nice job of making it feel like a prestigious class. I still need to go through all the photos that I took over the weekend.

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
It's going to the shop next week for the following:
- Passenger Side Frame Notch
- TyrolSport Sub Frame Bushings (Front/Rear)
- ZAETECH Pressure DigiGauge
- Front Bumper License Plate Holes Filled
- Painted Side Markers
- New Painted Tow Hook Cover
- Fix Hood Clear Coat

I started to get some front sub-frame clunk so I figured it was just time to get both the front and rear done and not have to worry about it anymore.