GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

East End Meet

bboy_mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

I thought i'd start a new thread about an East End Meet since there are a lot of us MK6ers and other VW enthusiasts out there in the East end. I'm from Ajax myself but have seen guys from Markham/Scarborough/Durham area posting and on the roads. So lets get this thread started! Some points to talk about

1. Meet location(s)
  2. Time
  3. Members interested
  4. All VW makes/models or MK6 only?
You guys can add to these questions or bring up anything else you want to talk about in this thread. So yah lets get the ball rolling!

bboy_mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Any ideas of where and what time?

Repooc

Ready to race!
this is music to my ears... finally something in the East end.

Pickering/Ajax seems to be most central to the Scarb, Markham, Oshawa.

I know there's already a Pickering Toys R Us meet, so lets be a little bit more original... perhaps something in Ajax, with easy access from the 401.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Salem/401... there's a plaza that's on the South Side at Salem/Bayley (in front of the Endras BMW dealership) that has a gas station, timmies and Sgt Peppers. There's an Edukids (daycare) on the Southside of the plaza that would definitely have empty parking spaces to meet after hours.

As for timing, I can't do anything earlier than 8:30, as I'm usually putting my kids down at 8:00, but I'm also coming from Whitby so the drive isn't too bad for me.

I'm open to suggestions on days.

nik

Go Kart Champion
Bayley street? Right in the VW corporate office parking lot! I'll be sticking to the mccowan one as it is closer for me though.

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk

bboy_mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Time of 8-830pm sounds good to me. Location is also good on Salem and 401. I'm still up for suggestions so chime in guys!

rawradrian

Ready to race!
I thought there used to be a meet in the Costco parking lot? Im free on Thursdays or Sundays if that's what you guys end up doing

Lös Gehts

Ready to race!
this is music to my ears... finally something in the East end.

Pickering/Ajax seems to be most central to the Scarb, Markham, Oshawa.

I know there's already a Pickering Toys R Us meet, so lets be a little bit more original... perhaps something in Ajax, with easy access from the 401.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Salem/401... there's a plaza that's on the South Side at Salem/Bayley (in front of the Endras BMW dealership) that has a gas station, timmies and Sgt Peppers. There's an Edukids (daycare) on the Southside of the plaza that would definitely have empty parking spaces to meet after hours.

As for timing, I can't do anything earlier than 8:30, as I'm usually putting my kids down at 8:00, but I'm also coming from Whitby so the drive isn't too bad for me.

I'm open to suggestions on days.
How about one of the new plazas on Taunton Rd. in Ajax would be good too, not busy at night, and a higher speed limit then going through south Ajax with all the traffic and lights. Most any day works for me.

bboy_mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
There's a Timmies in the plaza where the anytime fitness is. Not a huge parking lot but a good start for a meet spot. What do you guys think?