GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ed’s reps PROJECT $50??

xvxmk6

Ready to race!
****PLEASE READ BEFORE REPLYING****
These are being sold as a project. I would NOT run these as they are. Please read all of this before replying.

Bought a set of Ed’s reps locally, and everything with them was fine, tabs, lenses, everything. Installed them and it turned out one projector lens had at one time had condensation on it, causing the output to be poor. I couldn’t stand having one headlight much dimmer than the other so i contacted Ed and he was able to ship me out another light (apparently the last one he had).

Fast forward a couple of days and i receive the light in the mail and it had been damaged in shipping. After talking to Ed for a bit he suggested plastic JB welding the back of the headlight back together, or cobbling the two headlights together and making them into one set by swapping the entire projector, or just the lens.

After getting the new headlight apart with ease (literally almost no prying) i attempted to get the older headlight apart. Aaaand i fucked it. The black backing of the housing i ended up cracking and bending around where the housing meets the lens. I gave up and tried to just silicone the pieces i pried up back together, and ordered a set of Depo lights.

So now I’m selling the set for almost nothing hoping someone can get something out of these lights. I’ll list the damage below:

New headlight: rear housing was cracked, jb welded back together, shroud containing the LEDs also had cracked tabs, also plastic welded back in place. THIS PROJECTOR IS AN H7 BULB. i wasn’t aware when i paid Ed for this unit. The others are d2s. I would suggest swapping the entire bowl to the d2s base.

Old headlight: rear housing is bent up and not sealed at all. Lots of condensation getting in this one currently. Could possibly be resealed and reused. I wouldn’t recommend it though.

All in all there is definitely ONE SET of working headlights here... if you want to put the work in. The lenses are all good. The LEDs are all good. The shutters work fine. There’s two good projectors between the three lights.

I’m not expecting these to go quickly, and maybe not at all. But if someone wants them I’ll probably let them go for like $50 plus shipping. I’ll leave the d2s bulbs in there for you too.