GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ENGEN COVER MOD DIY

OneHotHatch

Ready to race!
I hope it pops out(looks like it does from the clips) because I ordered some carbon fiber to wrap the outer piece with.

Post pics as soon as you get this done, ive been contemplating this aswell..:happyanim:

ataman

Ready to race!

El TexMex

Ready to race!
All those customs are quite nice, personally for me at least I find the flat colors to look the best. Given the time and motivation I may have to give this a go.
I like the German flag idea but will probably replace the colors with red, white and black as opposed to red, yellow black.

OttoBahn1

Ready to race!
I just got mine back from my bodyshop. 2.5L engine cover painted United Grey and gloss black ...

MKsixGTI

Ready to race!
I painted mine CSG

new intake is on its way.

Attachments

• engine cover.jpg
    engine cover.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 453
  • battery cover.jpg
    battery cover.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 250
  • dirty engine bay with covers on.jpg
    dirty engine bay with covers on.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 479

Justinjor

Ready to race!
DID THIS WHILE AT WORK ONE DAY..:D

This looks amazing!

Is there a particular solvent/cleaner that should be used to clean the plastic cover? I was thinking brake parts cleaner might do the trick but was afraid it would eat the plastic or something.

Merelington

Ready to race!
2.5 Engine Cover

I've found myself with an extra engine cover and am not sure if I should sell or have fun with it.

I know these words shouldn't be used in the same sentence but what about a tasteful black & white sticker bomb?

Here's a photoshopped pic I whipped together:

BrianWithGolf

Ready to race!
I've found myself with an extra engine cover and am not sure if I should sell or have fun with it.

I know these words shouldn't be used in the same sentence but what about a tasteful black & white sticker bomb?

I like it feel free to post any other concepts for this cover you may whip up :thumbsup:

RAYZGTI

Ready to race!
wow

do it that looks amazing!

Merelington

Ready to race!
I'll have to test it out on the air intake cover first. I'm just worried about the clear coat turning yellow. Anyone know of a heat resistant lacquer that will stay clear?

Anyone know how to remove the top piece of the 2.5 cover? It feels like it can just be pulled off but I want to make sure before breaking tabs and whatnot.

OttoBahn1

Ready to race!
I'll have to test it out on the air intake cover first. I'm just worried about the clear coat turning yellow. Anyone know of a heat resistant lacquer that will stay clear?

Anyone know how to remove the top piece of the 2.5 cover? It feels like it can just be pulled off but I want to make sure before breaking tabs and whatnot.

There are two screws on the back side of the cover.

golfpro2112

Passed Driver's Ed
I just painted my engine cover and it looks great great. I removed the VW emblem to do the job and thinking I could replace it with a different emblem. Was thinking of the "fast" emblem. Any ideas where I could get one?