GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine turns over but won't start

Jrosey04

So I just purchased my 2012 gti about 2 weeks ago and have had no issues till today when leaving work my car wouldn’t start all lights came on and everything but then it just clicks/ticks like the battery is dead even tho it tests fine and when trying to crank the dash check engine lights come on but after jumping it runs just fine and all the lights go back off after you start to drive but then I park for 5 minutes and try to start it again and it just clicks/ticks alternated also was fine anybody have any idea what might help me be able to start my car again

zrickety

The Fixer
So I just purchased my 2012 gti about 2 weeks ago and have had no issues till today when leaving work my car wouldn’t start all lights came on and everything but then it just clicks/ticks like the battery is dead even tho it tests fine and when trying to crank the dash check engine lights come on but after jumping it runs just fine and all the lights go back off after you start to drive but then I park for 5 minutes and try to start it again and it just clicks/ticks alternated also was fine anybody have any idea what might help me be able to start my car again
If it starts with a jump, then you need a battery. If the battery tests ok, you have a bad cable connection.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Bit late to the response, but I'd throw in a new battery as well to rule that one out 100%... Starting and running with a jump, and then not being able to restart screams bad battery to me.