GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Even just a remap gives good results.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Even just a remap gives good results. Now with Haldex controller and DSG map.

Just been out for a play today. The Revo map went on down at Statllers (my local tuner) and we had a little play to get her set up right.

Took the car out with the performance box (GPS based equipment accurate to 0.1 seconds and 0.1m over 400m) and using launch control ( oh how I missed it! ) I managed the following. Bear in mind this is JUST a map at stage 1......

I highly recommend giving it a go! :cool:

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
DSG Golf R = fast with tune

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Hahaa, yeah I'd say so Teff. I simply cannot fathom why VW didn't offer the DSG as an option for the USA.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
if i send over some canadian maple syrup, will you send me a golf r in dsg in return?

Batman1

Passed Driver's Ed
This makes me :( and then a little :mad::mad:. We get a 6mt than bogs when launched and ESC that can't be turned off. I don't think that many NA Rs willl ever see 4s.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
This makes me :( and then a little :mad::mad:. We get a 6mt than bogs when launched and ESC that can't be turned off. I don't think that many NA Rs willl ever see 4s.

I can't see why not. 4' s should easily be possible with a stick shift. You'll definitely need an upgrade clutch though to do it.

Over here in the UK we are starting to see tunes for the DSG too. This importantly allows launches at over 4k rpm, even faster gear changes, Uprated torque limit to 550nm and kick down lockout in manual mode. With just engine and DSG maps and no other mods a DSG .:R has done under 4.2 to 60mph. Then with extra mods and a stage 2+ tune and suspension mods the APR UK demo car has done 3.5 to 60mph and 8.5 to 100mph. This was without a DSG tune, but with a Haldex controller in race mode.

These cars really do perform with DSG and not bringing it to the USA is in my opinion the biggest mistake VW did with this model!:(

speed

Ready to race!
I can't see why not. 4' s should easily be possible with a stick shift. You'll definitely need an upgrade clutch though to do it.

Over here in the UK we are starting to see tunes for the DSG too. This importantly allows launches at over 4k rpm, even faster gear changes, Uprated torque limit to 550nm and kick down lockout in manual mode. With just engine and DSG maps and no other mods a DSG .:R has done under 4.2 to 60mph. Then with extra mods and a stage 2+ tune and suspension mods the APR UK demo car has done 3.5 to 60mph and 8.5 to 100mph. This was without a DSG tune, but with a Haldex controller in race mode.

These cars really do perform with DSG and not bringing it to the USA is in my opinion the biggest mistake VW did with this model!:(

3.5 to 60mph, wooooooow!

TEFF

godfather

You also need a WOT Box. It helps a lot

@Hurdy: are you coming next year to GTI Inters? I've missed it this year :(