GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Feedback after replacing Engine/DSG trans lateral mounts... Dogbone?

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
So I just swapped my lateral engine and lateral trans mounts with lemfoders and now get a decent amount of feedback on throttle letoff, creeping from a stop, and braking to a stop. Seems to be coming through the brake pedal. Also present on initial startup when idling. I didn't replace the OEM dogbone mount yet since I wasn't sure if it was due or not but I'm now considering it given the feedback. Wondering if anyone else experienced this, or those who upgrade their dogbones have had similar feedback since I know some is expected when using performance style pucks.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Those look like just OEM style replacements? Not upgrades? Shouldn't be any negative NVH from those. Check your torque on the bolts?

Dogbone isn't going to have much to do with it, the engine is the source of the vibration in the drivetrain, if the engine mounts are tight there won't be as much for the dogbone to dampen. Upgrading the dogbone without upgrading the main mounts is just treating a symptom not the cause. You'll get some improvement of course but then you are just applying additional stress to the dogbone.

I would get in there and make 100% all the mount bolts are torqued properly.