GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Few Retrofits...

betty02

Hi All,

Been many many years since I tinkered with Golfs! I had a few MK5 GTI's back in the day when I was 21ish, 10+ years on and I am back hanging about.

The Mrs passed her test on Monday so we went and purchased an MK6 GTD yesterday to collect on Wednesday. It's a 59 plate and comes with a fairly decent spec (heated leather, sunroof etc) anyway. It has an RCD 510 fitted as standard but I like to update things as much as I can and it doesn't have a few things she wanted.

So I plan to retrofit the following RNS 315, DAB Version, Bluetooth and Reverse Cam. Now as I haven't touched this stuff in a while I want to make sure my list is OK before I fully commit or see if I have overlooked anything stupidly obvious!

Purchase List

RNS 315 - DAB Version, Bluetooth built in.
RNS 315 Microphone - Car doesn't currently have BT so need to fit just a microphone iirc? - Link
RNS 315 GPS Antenna - Used a very similar one when I fitted a 310 to my MK5. Fakra is all that matters here? - Link
RNS 315 DAB Antenna - Didn't get a DAB version last time I did one of these so guess I just need the antenna? - Link
RNS 315 Reverse Cam & Loom - Seems to be a decent option of these about, a loop that goes into the 21 pin on the unit, then a feed for the camera to connect to rear reverse light - Link
VCDS - Have this still somewhere, just need it to enable the right option for reverse camera? Guess the rest just works on the RNS315 as it is all built in?

Hopefully I am on the right tracks here, can't think of anything I may have missed. Any help will be appreciated. As said it's been a while so might need a memory refresh!

Thanks in advance