GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FINALLY! Mk6 ko4 vs stage 1 apr mk7

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
this is why these mk6 days are dying. yeah lets ban the owners with a better car overall than ours, makes fukn perfect logic.

because we're to busy arguing about aftermarket turbo vs stock turbo...

i mean trolling is fun but when are the mk6 owners going to realize that the mk7 even with the recalls IS a better overall car, on paper, on track whatever you want to call it.

And to the topic of this useless thread, a KO4 equivalent mk7 would absolutely shit gatorade on a mk6 ko4 equivalent...

1. Wut?
2. Who has said otherwise?
3. Not a useless thread, this thread is providing information on the newer gen GTI, everyone was under the impression that a stage 1 MK7 would run close to a KO4 MK6. As you saw in this thread, that is not the case. This thread shed light on that topic, therefore I wouldn't call it useless, he has a vid and everything. Okay so you own a KO4 MK7 right? Post up the videos of you shitting Gatorade (whatever the fuck that means) on a KO4 MK6. K?

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
I guess he didnt see all the trolling posts. As per they were Deleted to keep this thread more informative. So when he saw this:

Originally Posted by GTInsuch
Why have these lovely positive mk7 owners not been banned? Look at their sigs...its obvious they want to stir the pot.

-He assumed we were hating on the MK7. Not the case.

drepai

Go Kart Champion

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
Me siding with MK6:
I was under the impression the MK7 GTI has a K04 sized turbo. Is this not the case? if so, seems pretty logical to compare a K04 MK6 to a bolt on MK7.

Me siding with MK7:
To all you MK6 GTI guys, before APR released the stage 1 results, could you have guessed they would put out as high of numbers as they are? No? Me neither. Then why are you trying to say with certainty, that given full bolt ons (downpipe, intake, and if they need fueling) it won't jump another significant amount?

Just Me:
MK7>MK6
FWD LOL
no really, it's horrible

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
I guess he didnt see all the trolling posts. As per they were Deleted to keep this thread more informative. So when he saw this:

Originally Posted by GTInsuch
Why have these lovely positive mk7 owners not been banned? Look at their sigs...its obvious they want to stir the pot.

-He assumed we were hating on the MK7. Not the case.

My trolling post wasn't deleted. :D

Honestly guys, it's retarded that anyone seriously thinks a K04 would lose to a stage 1 MK7 just because of some stupid Hilter video (does anyone seriously think that? :iono:) It is hilarious how defensive some MK6 guys are getting though, as though it's a serious argument to be debated. :lol:

MK6 K04:

MK7 Stage 1:

It can be disheartening for the guys that have taken the time, effort, and money into going K04 when looking at those similar torque figures, but just look at that horsepower deficit. This is not a serious discussion. :rolleyes:

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
My trolling post wasn't deleted. :D

Honestly guys, it's retarded that anyone seriously thinks a K04 would lose to a stage 1 MK7 just because of some stupid Hilter video (does anyone seriously think that? :iono:) It is hilarious how defensive some MK6 guys are getting though, as though it's a serious argument to be debated. :lol:

MK6 K04:

MK7 Stage 1:

It can be disheartening for the guys that have taken the time, effort, and money into going K04 when looking at those similar torque figures, but just look at that horsepower deficit. This is not a serious discussion. :rolleyes:

^ This guy knows whats up.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
No car? Buy mk7. Win.

Already in a mk6? Go k04 before thinking about trading for a mk7 and tuning it. Win.

What's hard to understand here?

butchered by autocorrecr

+2

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Does make me feel better that my car still has the speed edge, even if its just for a little while longer.........I'm very impressed with what they are doing with the MK7 from the numbers standpoint, but I'll be keeping the MK6 for a little while longer for sure. Still loving it every day!

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
No car? Buy mk7. Win.

Already in a mk6? Go k04 before thinking about trading for a mk7 and tuning it. Win.

What's hard to understand here?

butchered by autocorrecr

This is really what it boils down to. It's like the iPhone. Getting mad and puffing your chest because the iPhone 6 is way better than the iPhone 5S means nothing. The iPhone 5S, you got to enjoy for year(or years) while people without an iPhone at all were stuck with whatever they were using.

The only difference is cars can be modified.

If the MK7 weren't better, it wouldn't have made sense for them to release it. If you were expecting the MK7 to be better enough than the MK6 to make it worth it to jump from 6 ~> 7, you were mistaken. It's supposed to be a noticeable achievement enough to make it a better option for people who are considering a Focus ST, WRX or the GTI, not people who already have a GTI to begin with.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion