GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First Post Intro

givethistokevin

Wassup everybody! I just bought my first Golf GTI and I truly love it! I would of never thought the power in this car would be so ecstatic for the hot hatch scene! Here is my car. Any tips or advice for being a first time VW owner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paytrose

Ready to race!
Welcome! Everyones gonna suggest it so let me get it out of the way. Stage 1 tune.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

M@GN1F1SH1t

Candy White...nice. Along with what Paytrose said...stage 2 clutch, dogbone insert, intake, r8 coils and a lower. Also, check out the Sticky Want to Modify your GTI? Start Here

Good luck and be safe.

Quattro Kim

Wassup everybody! I just bought my first Golf GTI and I truly love it! I would of never thought the power in this car would be so ecstatic for the hot hatch scene! Here is my car. Any tips or advice for being a first time VW owner?

I would suggest a short shifter, fairly inexpensive, DIY mod. And the Stage 1 tune.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Paytrose

Ready to race!
Be nice and wave to other GTIs on the road. We're insecure and need the attention.

Too many times have I flailed my arms to other GTI's only to be ignored... I will keep flailing away until I receive a wave back.

MKVInnie

Passed Driver's Ed
Too many times have I flailed my arms to other GTI's only to be ignored... I will keep flailing away until I receive a wave back.

Haa I do that too, its awesome when you get a return. The best was one guy had half his body out the window waving back... he knows ;)

For mods, my favorite two easy ones:
if you're stick shift: diesel geek sigama six shifter

Super Pro Anti Lift Kit. Check this reviewer's impression I got just the bracket kit, not the whole arm setup. Helps traction when accelerating in turns and not letting potholes and jacked surfaces deflect your steering. Feels safer on the highway and in the rain.

Welcome!

givethistokevin

Thank you guys, I just want a good sense of direction of where to go after a few good months of driving stock. Will be leaving it stock engine wise. As far as cosmetics I just need a license plate holder and now some bumper plugs in the front. I also want to change the interior lights and get some visors for my 4 doors