GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Floormats.. Vendors?

FN in MT

Ready to race!
My nearest curb is 42 miles away, and I have 1/8mile of dirt before I get to a paved road. Snow removal in either of my two nearest Towns is lousy at best...so my poor vehicles tend to operate under DIRTY conditions.

I have black interior in the new GTI, with the OEM black carpet mats and want to buy more useable floormats. I have found a few carper/rubber mats in the GRIOTS GARAGE catalog, and some reasonably priced rubber mats on the VW accy web page.

GRIOTS doesn't show a listing online for the 2010 golf. Are 2009 interior dimension, for mats the same for a 2010??

I'm looking for mats, probably rubber to hold mud, gravel and water until things clean up and the weather moderates. My OEM mats should be fine when the mud finally goes away. The VW accy mats as good as anyone elses??

Other than VW and GRIOTS....any other sites you would reccomend for detailing items, mats, other fun add ons, etc?? And 2009...same size as 2010?

FN in MT

Last edited:

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
We requested VW's monster mats with our GTI and I gave the part number off the VW page, which listed it for the '09 GTI. The salesman said the mats are only slightly different in that the clips need to be changed to fit the '10. Something about round vs. oval clips.

So it sounds like sizing is the same, just the clips are different.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
OEM GTI Monster mat from Paul Barrett- parts@keffervw.com - 88.31 shipped anywhere in the US.

That's employee pricing + $20 shipping (they weigh 20lbs boxed according to the UPS shipping info, and they're relatively large, so that's a fair price for shipping).

I ordered mine Monday morning, paid (via paypal) monday around noon, and my mats are already sitting waiting at home for me :)

He'll do any OEM US part (including roof racks!) at employee pricing + shipping, so he's a great source for this stuff.

FN in MT

Ready to race!
Appreciate the input Gentlemen!

Dropped in at my local Dealer today and picked up the Accessories CD. I'll see what trips my trigger and give the guy at Keffer an e mail.

FN in MT

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Just got my mats in - definitely official VW mats, all 4, red GTI logo. Let me know if you want photos, they'll be going in the car later tonight (just in time for our next round of snow - d'oh!)

FN in MT

Ready to race!
If you would like to post a photo...I'd appreciate it.

I live at 4600 feet, in the middle of Montana. You poor SOB's in DC have had more snow this past year then we have had out here!! Global Warming...Oh Yeah:D

FN in MT

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Global wierding. Gotta love it. I'm from New England originally, so I don't mind the snow, but an inch around here and everybody freaks out and drives like sh*t. I've never seen so many people just ignore stop lights, road signs, right of way, lanes, etc. just because of a tiny bit of snow. Nuts.

Couple quick photos - let me know if you want photos in the car. Driver's mat and one rear mat pictured.

Mats are definitely black, flash makes them look slightly gray.

FN in MT

Ready to race!
Floormats...etc...

Appreciate the digitals....EXACTLY what I need. Thanks.

Where in New England?? I used to spend summers at a Cousins tobbaco farm in Greenfield Mass. Then in the USAF I was stationed at the old Otis AFB out on the Cape.

You want to see folks freak from snow....you should experience Seattle oor Portland sometime. Amazing. They live in the NorthWest...it DOES occasionally snow...yet they absolutely FREAK out.

I worked for the Highway Patrol out here for 32 yrs. On the road 90% of my career. I always had a car, can recall chaining up TWICE my whole career. NEVER missed a call.

FN in MT

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Lived northwest of Hartford in CT and went to college in Medford MA. I was in Seattle 2 years ago over Xmas hen they kept getting snow (fiancée is from Seattle) and it was nowhere near as bad as down here.

FN in MT

Ready to race!
Lived northwest of Hartford in CT and went to college in Medford MA. I was in Seattle 2 years ago over Xmas hen they kept getting snow (fiancée is from Seattle) and it was nowhere near as bad as down here.

It must be full tilt crazy then! I've read that people simply PARK their cars along the highways...then walk away.:lol:

Ordered my Monster mats..they are on the way as we speak.

Thanks again for the info.

FN in MT

Last edited: