GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Foggy Window Problem

Ironhorse

Ready to race!
don't mean to hijack, but is the AC the default when turning the climate control on? whenever I turn my system on it turns on the AC -- would like to change that.

lon888

Ready to race!
The A/C de-humidifies the air thus making the interior fog go away. Its a good a idea to run the A/C in the winter, it keeps the air-con compressor seals lubricated.

inc55

Go Kart Champion
by the way, you have a 4-cylinder and A/C kills fuel economy, power and overall fun factor. I'm not trying to start a war, but A/C bogs down the engine so much on a 4-banger even turbo. I will do anything to keep mine off.

Speaking of window coating from the factory.. how the hell do I get the circles off the window from mounting it. They are on the inside and my window cleaner (Stoners Invisible Glass) won't get rid of it and I don't want to rain-x the inside, but I might. Rain-x takes off ANYTHING in case you ever have weird grime on your windows. :thumbsup:

Atleast somebody understands why I want to keep the ac off. I want better fuel economy and I don't wanna lose any power while driving. I'm gonna give that rainx a try.

ps23

Ready to race!

Speaking of window coating from the factory.. how the hell do I get the circles off the window from mounting it. They are on the inside and my window cleaner (Stoners Invisible Glass) won't get rid of it and I don't want to rain-x the inside, but I might. Rain-x takes off ANYTHING in case you ever have weird grime on your windows. :thumbsup:

:mad0259: LOL same shit I have. Should've been cleaned at the factory.

TDI110

O_o
by the way, you have a 4-cylinder and A/C kills fuel economy, power and overall fun factor. I'm not trying to start a war, but A/C bogs down the engine so much on a 4-banger even turbo. I will do anything to keep mine off.

I never personally noticed any drain on the power when I have the A/C on. Maybe it's a different feeling on petrol cars, but I drive with the A/C turned on all the time and I still get 4.7L/100km.

durhamgti

Passed Driver's Ed
dont use recirculate and it should solve most of your problems, could take a little while as after using recirc a lot the seats and carpet get damp, it takes a while to dry rvrything out

Marvin

Ready to race!
today it was 24F outside I started my car and turned on the A/C...light was on but it did not work...I knew it is stand by under a certain(don't know excatly what F) ambient temperature.

Aircon doesn't work at temps below about 3.5/4.0°C (39°F).

Marvin

Ready to race!
I have noticed that this car fogs up more then any other car I have ever owned. :iono:

So has everyone else here in the UK. It's a bloody nuisance. Car sits outside in temps of about 50F and then cloudy skies clear later in the day, as night falls and the temp. drops say, to 40F and low and behold i have moisture all over the inside of the windscreen sometimes as bad as having droplets towared to base of the windscreen. It's a devil to clear instantly if you want to drive away straightaway. You sit there like a 'nana and all your mates drive away their non VW cars i.e Beemers and Mazda RX8.
Also if the screen is clear then if you turn on the ignition and the fan control is on, this causes misting even though there may not be any obvious misting initially on the screen. This is also a nuisance but this can clear quite quickly if the car has been used withing the last two hours or so and there's residual heat in the engine.
Generally, our weather in the South of the UK isn't always anywhere near severe as it is in Canada and the Stated, thank goodness - I'd die if is was.!!

McQueen77

Banned

Yeah, I almost always have my windows cracked a little or the sunroof open somewhat. I just like actual air as opposed to recycled, conditioned air. And yes, the AC totally bogs down this car. If the temp isn't above 85 degrees or below 60, so 75% of the time in LA the AC stays off for me. Even this time of year when its low 70s during the day around here, I see most people driving around with their windows open. I don't get that. Wouldnt they rather have the slight breeze and air as opposed to AC? Guess not.

Marvin

Ready to race!
Regarding the use of Aircon and performance etc. It's not worthy of an indepth comment but I can't argue with the fact that there is SOME price to pay for using it.

I put my comfort over a few pence saved here and there and a miniscule change in performance. I drive my car safely and with consideration on our crowded UK roads and am not a boy racer and drive a stock VW car and that's how I like them to be, as VW manufactured them!!

flyguy27

Ready to race!
Yes, this car fogs up more than my previous cars. I have the Rain-X anti Fog on the inside. It works well. I wish I had climatronic. This fake climatic still puzzles me. It operates like a full manual system which I understand that it is for 2011 and up. There are a few times that it acts like climatic though. I'm not sure but I wish VW would provide better clarification on how this thing works.

P

plac

this "climatic" is a pile of crap.. half the time i turn it on hot right after starting it, it stays ice cold. (forever). After warmup, i then again have to adjust the dial to cold and back to hot and finally it spews hot.