GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

For $27K: Subaru BRZ or Subaru WRX? (W/Poll)

BRZ or WRX

• something else

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • BRZ

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • WRX

Votes: 31 47.7%

• Total voters

Scorpo900

Passed Driver's Ed
Wrx if sti only. On a 400 mile race even My TDI golf manual is faster than a brz... :)

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

ChinoCharles

WRX. I know this is swimming against the stream a bit but I've grown a little cold to the Toyobaru twins. I can't help but look at a BRZ and wonder why you wouldn't just buy a gently used S2000.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
You would be a fool to buy a 2014 WRX. 2015 is brand new and will more than likely have a lot more power and be more efficient.

That being said if you haven't driven a BRZ I highly suggest you do so, they are a absolute blast to drive.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

pinkgolf

Passed Driver's Ed
If it was me , I would get a used Evo or STI. BRZ again ? so many people are obsessed with it geezzz....

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
BRZ... my son has one, a fun car to drive.
Enough power to be entertaining, handles great.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I would actually advise against them if you are looking for a joy ride. The salesman was a complete dick the first day. He might have been having a really bad day or thought I wasn't serious, but he was terrible to deal with. I went in there on a Saturday on Memorial Day weekend to buy a car. After a short round of negotiations he told me I couldn't afford the car based on what I wanted to spend. He called me back Monday with a completely different attitude though. Asked me what he could do to make the deal work and he did.

I did get 18k for my 2011 Base GTI with 36k. I thought that was crazy considering I paid 23k for it brand new. 5k in depreciation over 2 years and 36k miles didn't seem bad.

Interesting... It may be my next car but I may just keep the GTI for a lot longer... not sure yet, but I want to try one out and see if it's worht spending my time thinking about every day

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
is this the "new" WRX for 2014, or is it pushed back yet ANOTHER year? lulz

BRZ - don't buy a new one for $27K, that's cray cray.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
is this the "new" WRX for 2014, or is it pushed back yet ANOTHER year? lulz

BRZ - don't buy a new one for $27K, that's cray cray.

2014 is a carryover from 2013. 2015 is supposed to be the new model.

From my understanding 2014 will be a limited production year and the 2015s will come out relatively early in 2014.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
and mazdaspeed3 too, prolly.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Also, car to buy for $27k:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...[]]&listingId=352233448&listingIndex=35&Log=0

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
waaaaaay too many miles for that price.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
and new Mustang, A3/S3/CLA. Not to mention cool things coming out later this year like C7 and the E63 AMG wagon.

Anxiously awaiting the new Mustang. If the CLA AMG and/or the S3 had manuals and I had more dough, I'd be pretty interested in those.