GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front and rear Cayenne Big Brake Kit available for MK6

GlowstickNinja21

Ready to race!
You have to have the adapters. Not sure where you will get those as no one makes them that I know of. As for the adapter brackets, you will have to make them. I am in the process of finishing my parking brake cable brackets. Once they reliably work I can send you some specifications on them. You use the factory cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyotr

Ready to race!
Got my Vantage handbrake calipers in, managed to steal them for 200$

Need some modification to the pull arm to work though. Might try and find some from a viper since they don't require modification.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

GlowstickNinja21

Ready to race!
I made some from scratch. I will take some pics when I get home. Pretty easy modification. If you have a welder you could weld a piece to the stock arm to accept the ball on the end of the brake cable. I also had to make a angled bracket to adapt the positioning of the cable entrance. It was coming into the caliper from the bottom at a 90 degree angle. I simply made a pice of bent steel that bolts to the caliper where the cable should come in and brings it out to a natural position for the cable. Below is the picture of the brackets I made to adapt the parking break. I bent over the top part and put a hole and slot for the cable to sit in. I am being lazy because I need to buy new boots to thread and hold the arms in place. Other than that the kit is ready to go on.

GlowstickNinja21

Ready to race!
I made some from scratch. I will take some pics when I get home. Pretty easy modification. If you have a welder you could weld a piece to the stock arm to accept the ball on the end of the brake cable. I also had to make a angled bracket to adapt the positioning of the cable entrance. It was coming into the caliper from the bottom at a 90 degree angle. I simply made a pice of bent steel that bolts to the caliper where the cable should come in and brings it out to a natural position for the cable. Below is the picture of the brackets I made to adapt the parking break. I bent over the top part and put a hole and slot for the cable to sit in. I am being lazy because I need to buy new boots to thread and hold the arms in place. Other than that the kit is ready to go on.

Pyotr

Ready to race!
so it turns out the handbrake calipers from the vantage do NOT work with the brackets. holes do not line up. not sure what to do now. I could use a mill, and work the caliper till it fits, but given how hard to get these things are to get id rather not.

GlowstickNinja21

Ready to race!
I had to open the holes on the brackets. I used an appropriate sized end mill and a jig I built on my drill press

GlowstickNinja21

Ready to race!
I had to open all of the holes and clearance around the shock mount. Brackets were not quite right that's for sure.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
it's kind of dissappointing that this is not turning out to be the bolt on upgrade that it seemed. main reason i jumped ship. props to anyone that got it all the way installed and functional.

Pyotr

Ready to race!
it's kind of dissappointing that this is not turning out to be the bolt on upgrade that it seemed. main reason i jumped ship. props to anyone that got it all the way installed and functional.
It was never going to be completely bolt on, but yeah. Very disappointing the company made these incorrectly.

So far, the only things that have lined up are the holes that bolt it to the spindles. :/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TKE Mario

Ready to race!
all this being said, is their any viable upgrade for our rear setups aside from the R/R32 swap which is great added stopping power to the rears but also a significant addition of unsprung weight?

Has anyone done the math of how much unsprung weight the swap adds?:confused: