GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FRONT EMBLEM

GTI-VI

Ready to race!
i see alot of threads with painting there front emblems and all and finally i decided to paint mine . thing is i took my grill off question is how do u take off the emblem i tryed it for a good 40 mins and gave up i dont see anyway to take it off.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
give it a turn counter-clockwise. about 1/8th turn

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
yeah bc thats what i did to take mine off

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
yeah i suggest putting a coat of sealant or primer to give the paint a cushion from rocks that may cause chips

GTI-VI

Ready to race!
i finally did it took me like 30 mins to take it off LOL i broke 2 clips while at it because i was geting pissed

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
haha i did the same thing. but i broke only 1

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
the first time i did it i took off the grill. but then i realized i didnt need too so the second time i did i kept the grill on

drtyjrsy

Ready to race!
if you can get the grill off you have to separate it into two pieces. theres a row of clips that run along the top and bottom. a wide flat head twisted makes space in the clip to gently pry them apart. they click straight into each other. work it one at a time and itll come apart. weve done a few now without braking any clips. once its in two the rear of the emblem is right there. you can also take out the red strips the same way. its a good way to see how the clips react.