GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: 9w3 Bluetooth module+harness+mic revD

siliconcenturion

Go Kart Champion
I am selling a revision D 9w3 bluetooth unit! Upgrade from your 9w2 setup!
The 9w3 unit supports full phone book integration and voice control, making it much more desirable than the less-featured 9w2 unit. The revision D is one of the latest, and gives full functionality on an RNS510 or a white MFD. You need one of these two things in order to use the unit. More info on features and usage here.
This includes the unit itself, the aftermarket pass-through harness, the mic, and the bluetooth antenna.
This is the exact kit sold on ebay for 400+shipping. I am asking 270 shipped

The pass-through harness allows you to install the module without any splicing or wiring modification.
You need VAGCOM to make some slight coding changes in order to enable the unit and the steering wheel button. This link also shows how easy it is to swap a 9w2 for a 9w3.

Pass-through harness means no wire splicing. Mic also appears in this picture.

Module and bluetooth antenna.

I also have a brand-new under seat cover/fairing, mounting bracket, and fasteners I will include for 70 dollars if you care about the aesthetics of mounting the unit under the passenger seat.

Last edited:

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Is it the same price for shipping to Canada?

any idea what the difference is between revision D and C?

Last edited:

siliconcenturion

Go Kart Champion
Functionally they are the same.
As far as shipping to Canada, I don't know much about it. I assume there will be associated international/customs costs.

MK05-HJ09

Ready to race!
OK... I have a 2010 mk6, with the 9w2 bluetooth and the RNS510 navi, (as well as a vagcom for coding...), I have all of the other components, could I just buy the 9w3 module off of you? That is if you're willing to seperate items?

siliconcenturion

Go Kart Champion
OK... I have a 2010 mk6, with the 9w2 bluetooth and the RNS510 navi, (as well as a vagcom for coding...), I have all of the other components, could I just buy the 9w3 module off of you? That is if you're willing to seperate items?

Sorry, I've had a large amount of interest so I'm not willing to separate at this point. You could buy the whole set and sell the harness/mic on your own.

MK05-HJ09

Ready to race!
Sorry, I've had a large amount of interest so I'm not willing to separate at this point. You could buy the whole set and sell the harness/mic on your own.

Ok, that's reasonable. Would I be able to simply swap modules on my car (as the remainder of the components are already installed) and re-code the module with my vag-com and be able to use the enhanced bluetooth functions?

siliconcenturion

Go Kart Champion
Ok, that's reasonable. Would I be able to simply swap modules on my car (as the remainder of the components are already installed) and re-code the module with my vag-com and be able to use the enhanced bluetooth functions?

Yup, this link shows how to do the swap. Super simple, with some well-documented VAGCOM changes needed.

MK05-HJ09

Ready to race!
Sorry to keep asking questions, but would you happen to know if that harness is compatible with the 9w2 module? I'm only asking because I'd like to know if I could sell a "9w2" kit with that harness and the module and antenna from my car as an upgrade for someone with no bluetooth at all after I install the new module & antenna in my GTI. Let me know what your bottom dollar would be on your kit with the fairing shipped to 46256.

siliconcenturion

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to keep asking questions, but would you happen to know if that harness is compatible with the 9w2 module? I'm only asking because I'd like to know if I could sell a "9w2" kit with that harness and the module and antenna from my car as an upgrade for someone with no bluetooth at all after I install the new module & antenna in my GTI. Let me know what your bottom dollar would be on your kit with the fairing shipped to 46256.

No problem. The guy I bought it from got it from the Polish seller on ebay.

I noticed that he sells the harness separately, so your best bet may be to send him a message on ebay and ask if the harness works with the 9w2. Also, I have PM'd you.