GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: led bulbs for tail lights, 7440, 921/194

watson

Ready to race!
bought some leds in preparation for led tail lights..well they don't fit the new R Tails, but I did verify that they fit in the oem tail lights. 1 set of amber super bright 7440 bulbs $40 shipped, 1 set of cree high power 921/194 led bulbs $50 shipped, I set of cree error free 921/194 bulbs $60 shipped 1 over sized 921/194 bulb $15 shipped (all shipped prices in cont. US). PM if interested.

Attachments

• P2130001.JPG
    P2130001.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 249

jnj2455

Ready to race!
So the ambers fit into the stock halogen tail light turn signal housing? Have you tried to see if they throw errors?

jnj2455

Ready to race!
I don't know about errors...but they do fit the oem non-led tail lights.

If you can somehow test to make sure they don't throw errors, I'd take them off your hands.

jnj2455

Ready to race!
Short of re-installing the oem tail lights (not happening), not sure how I am going to show if they throw errors or not. The only one that is advertised as error free is the cree 921 bulbs...

Idk if this works but I'm curious, if you plug the original harness (sans adapters) into a halogen tail without VAGCOM anything, would the car flip a shit over it and throw error codes.

If not, you could simply just take out the harness without removing your LED tails, and plug it into a stock light and just see if the amber bulb turns on and off without issues, error codes, etc.

When you're done testing, you could just reconnect the harness to the adapter and push the carpeting back into its place and be done.

Just a thought.