GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: New Ported/ Polished/ Ceramic coated K04

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
EDIT: SOLD!

Hello all!

I am selling a K04 that has had the CHRA replaced by a factory Borg Warner replacement (not rebuilt/reman, brand new) CHRA and been ported, polished, and had the exhaust ceramic coated by SoCal Porting. There are 0 miles on this turbo, it literally came back from California 30min ago.

Some background:
I bought this turbo from timneedscoffee10 after he stripped a bolt and blew the side out of the original CHRA trying to fix an oil leak. My original plan was to rebuild it per XGC75's "Rebuilding a blown K04" thread, have work done on it per HYDE16's "SoCalPorting K04 Turbo Port, Polish & Exhaust System Coating" thread and throw it in my car for awesome track time fun. After looking in to what all I would want/need for supporting mods (bbk, intercooler, LSD, clutch, etc) it was going to cost about 2x what I owe on the car to have it set up the way I want. Since I am looking to buy a house soon, and only plan on keeping the car for another 2-3 years, this doesn't make good financial sense for me to do at the time, so I have decided to sell it.

As I said, the turbo has a new CHRA from Loba Motorsports and had all work and reassembly done by SoCal Porting, including re-calbrating the wastegate cracking pressure. It includes the following:

-APR k04 w/ elbow (elbow not pictured)
-USP Turbo Install kit
- (1) Downpipe Gasket
- (5) Copper exhaust manifold nuts
- (4) Downpipe nuts
- (1) Exhaust manifold gasket
- (2) Oil line crush washers
- (6) Coolant line crush washers
- (2) Oil line gaskets
-new downpipe studs (also not pictured, grabbing from the dealership this afternoon)

If you have any questions or would like more pictures, please don't hesitate to ask. I am looking for $1750 OBO. I am willing to ship, but buyer must cover either PayPal fee's or shipping costs, expect both to be around $50-60 for an insured delivery through your preferred shipping company. I am located in Raleigh, NC for those who may prefer to pick up in person. For quickest replies, PM me, all PM's send me and email alert and I will get back with you much quicker than a reply on this thread, but I will be checking the thread periodically for replies.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Wow that looks good. So just bolt up and tune right? No other modifications/repairs needed correct?

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Wow that looks good. So just bolt up and tune right? No other modifications/repairs needed correct?
Correct, turbo should be 100% ready to roll.

Edit: this assumes you have an aftermarket downpipe, but as far as I'm aware, a downpipe and tune are all that's required to run a k04

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
bump

RudolphTheRedNosedGTI

Ready to race!
bump for good setup. Did the same thing with my K04 when I bought it used. Sent it to Ruben @ Socalporting and it came back looking just as good as the one for sale up here. Running APR K04 software and its working great.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
bump for good setup. Did the same thing with my K04 when I bought it used. Sent it to Ruben @ Socalporting and it came back looking just as good as the one for sale up here. Running APR K04 software and its working great.

Thanks for the bump! Every day its up here is another day I wonder if its really worth selling opposed to saving up for the supporting mods to put it in my car

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Bump

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Man this is tempting...

Do iiiiiiiiiiiit. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to negotiate price and shipping some.

edit: Just looked back over your build thread. It would drop right in, you already have the supporting hardware! You know you want that booooooost. We all do. (totally not biased or anything)

Last edited:

Sauce118

Ready to race!
Thanks for the bump! Every day its up here is another day I wonder if its really worth selling opposed to saving up for the supporting mods to put it in my car

Dude. Save it. K04 is wayyyyy better than stage one or two plus. I was skeptical until I got it tuned and it unleashed the beast. It keeps up with 80-90k cars man.

Sauce118

Ready to race!
Do iiiiiiiiiiiit. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to negotiate price and shipping some.

edit: Just looked back over your build thread. It would drop right in, you already have the supporting hardware! You know you want that booooooost. We all do. (totally not biased or anything)

I'd be hesitant to run k04 w/out intercooler. I'm sure it will work. But heat soak will really piss u off quick.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Dude. Save it. K04 is wayyyyy better than stage one or two plus. I was skeptical until I got it tuned and it unleashed the beast. It keeps up with 80-90k cars man.
It is tempting, but like I said in the original post, adulting has to come first, and I need to get the car paid off and get into a house soon
I'd be hesitant to run k04 w/out intercooler. I'm sure it will work. But heat soak will really piss u off quick.
Ah, I missed that he was still on a stock IC. That's a relatively easy fix compared to not having a clutch that can handle it though, haha

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
PEOPLE...you will be fine running a KO4 on your stock IC. I did if for a year and it was fine. IC was the last thing on my list of mods as I didn't track the car or street race. Indeed the heat soak sucked but its no reason to not buy a kick ass KO4 set up....

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
PEOPLE...you will be fine running a KO4 on your stock IC. I did if for a year and it was fine. IC was the last thing on my list of mods as I didn't track the car or street race. Indeed the heat soak sucked but its no reason to not buy a kick ass KO4 set up....
Thanks for the feedback, hopefully this will help convince anyone who is on the fence. Had a lot of interest, but no offers just yet!
FAAAAK I have all supporting mods and then some to run this. But I need to be an adult as well and saving for house and wedding has cut all funds for K04 in my near future but good luck with the sale man.
Adulting is super lame and I don't recommend it to anyone, but I understand where you are coming from, haha