GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: RCD-510 Premium 8 Radio

Fixmy59bug

Ready to race!
I have yet another RCD-510 for sale.

Everything has been tested and works perfectly.

I will sell it for $400 shipped and insured.

Last edited:

Fixmy59bug

Ready to race!
It varies on how often I can find broken units.

I have another waiting for a replacement screen to come in. So I may have one available when you are ready.

Fixmy59bug

Ready to race!
At a minimum you will need the Am/Fm antenna adaptor. I believe it is part number 7L6-051-551.

At that point the radio will work.

If you want Sirius radio to work, you will have to either add an antenna for it (if your vehicle did not have Sirius pre-installed, or buy a Sirius antenna extension cable to hook the radio up to the factory antenna.

Not too hard, really.

Depending on how complete you want it to work.

If you don't want to pay for satellite radio then all you need is the adaptor I mentioned.

If you have an AUX port and you want it to work, you do have to swap two wires in the smaller plug. But with the 6 disc changer built in and SD card port, most people dont use the aux port anymore.

And if you want the Sirius radio to work, then you do need to run an antenna cable.

Other than that, it is a breeze to install.

Finally, from Myturbodiesel.com

The only possible problem is that 2005.5-2007 may have problems with the battery draining if you swap a 2010+ radio in. This is caused by the module not going to sleep correctly. The solution is to swap in a newer CAN BUS gateway. It does not affect all early cars so if your battery drains after you swap the radio you know why. I left my 2006 alone for four days and it was fine with an early F version gateway. Others with 2006 have also been fine so test your car before blindly replacing the gateway but budget to replace it. It's unknown why not all cars are affected. When you get in/out of the car you can hear the RCD510 changing CDs by itself - my best guess is that it's something the CD changer does when coming out of or going into sleep mode.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
What version is this? F? Not familiar with these, but does that affect the speed of the unit? I remember hearing some problems with loading times for iPod use.

Fixmy59bug

Ready to race!
There is no version "F" of the RCD units.

I believe you are talking about the RNS-510 navigation units where the part numbers end in A, B, C, D, and F.

This is a 1K0-035-180-AC as pictured. There has been mention of lag when using the MDI, however that is associated with the MDI interface and not the radio itself. There is also a software update for the MDI to cure the lag.

But again, the lag is in the MDI software, not the radio.