GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fumoto Valve

ncelk

Anyone here using a Fumoto Valve?

Was looking at putting one on my MK VI.

I have used it for all my other cars and love it.

If I put it on the MK VI, I can change the oil without using ramps or jacking the car up.

So who has one so far?

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
wow i just youtube fumoto valve. that is a really useful thing to have. I will def get that after my 3 year /36k mile free maintenance is over

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
haha, you think the dealership will put one on for you on one your scheduled maintenances? it'd make their life easier too.

stephenmarklay

Passed Driver's Ed
The only thing that might stop me is that I am likely going to do a skid plate and this would likely hang down too far.

ncelk

Finally put this on today. In case you guys order one, you DO NOT need the adapter for it. Just the drain valve.

I was kind of surprised at how much resistance I got taking the factory drain plug out. Worried me for a bit, but turns out it was just all the paint still on the plug.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
wow, almost makes you wonder why it wasn't this way from the factory.

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
for those that have installed it, is the drain valve in a secluded area? my only concern would be a rock or something hitting the lever and opening the drain valve.

ncelk

The way it is on the car, there is NO WAY a rock or anything will be able to open it. The lever is up high at the very top.