GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuse 100 Ticking

Jchilvz

Ready to race!
Hello.

Forgive me if this has been answered but I could not find it.

I started driving my VW MKVI 2010 Golf 2.5L yesterday after it sat for a month. Now I know that's already a bad intro and everyone will say battery. Started her up just fine, never skipped a beat. I will admit the idling was very low (which is not uncommon) and it smelled lean...Once again not uncommon.

Drove 2.2 miles through all 5 gears and the reverse gear. No issues. Car lights up EPC (power steering) and Battery and the engine cuts out. Try to turn it over and its trying to start but it never "catches" and ignites the engine to roar into life. To be clear, its not the annoying clicking sound you get when a battery is dead, it just wouldnt turn over.

I hear a clicking, like a bomb from a looney toons episode. Pop the hood (bonnet) and the fuse box is clicking very loudly. In fact its so loud I could hear it in the cabin between warming up my hands on my hot coffee mug. Fuse 100 is clicking... so I unplug it... Coz im smart and stuff. Take the keys out, let it sit for a minute. Pop it back in. Same result and wont turn over.
I swap it with the other 100 Fuse (theres two) and the clicking stops... and the car turns over and I get home with an annoyed tow truck driver (i dont blame him)

Online I found the following: https://fuseandrelay.com/volkswagen/golf-6.html

So I swapped the R1 with the R2 and all worked. I know this will happen again so my question is, is this a freak episode? replace the fuse? ECU or Fan Relay Broke?

Any advice or a link to a thread that discusses this would be awesome. Only thing I found was some guy who installed his battery backwards and blew all his fuses.

1673028583197.png

My Fuse Box

OmranN

This actually happened to me when rocksport on my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL and took it in to a local alignment shop in the San Diego area. I asked them to align the front and rear and to double check all bolts and suspension and i used to use Kodi & nox. There was a code alert on the dash for limited slip problem a dash warning light. They wanted to charge me another $90 to clear the code

Last edited: