GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gbergs Shadow Blue Build Thread

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
Agree on the intake plans next. Make it sound a lot nicer!

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
I figured I'd dust off my old thread and get some opinions. Intake idea seems to be shelved indefinitely so right now I'm torn between between those Depo LED tails, OEM LED tails, and finally getting tint. The depo tails at $439 are very appealing but I'm concerned about durability. I'd prefer no rear fog but thats obviously not an option on the depos. Anyway, what do you guys think?

On a side note. I picked up some autoglym hd wax that I'm anxious to try out. Anyone have experience?

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Finally got around to getting tint done. 30% llumar metallic all around. Next up are the led tails then an intake. I'm on giac so I dont really know about intakes and maf placement. As it stands I'm thinking about the modshack and carbonio although the open design of the modshack has me worried about water.

Attachments

• IMG_20120421_121102.jpg
    IMG_20120421_121102.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 230

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Got my modshack today. Going to try and install either tomorrow or Saturday. Didn't get the vinyl pad for the bracket though.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk 2

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Modshack installed. It is very quiet but my throttle response seems to be much improved.

Last edited:

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Led tails installed. Big thanks to project92raddoslc for the help. Totally transforms the rear of the car. Much cleaner. Next up is a turboback during summer/waterfest sales. Really drawn to the awe tbe but I'm still unsure. Gotta hear more in person.

IMG_20120609_172010(1).jpg
IMG_20120609_172841(1).jpg

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
AWE catback installed today. Here are a couple lousy pics. Sounds great and fits great. The car rear of the car looks way better. Tips are probably 99% even. There is an odd sound though when I get on it between 3k and 5k rpm. Its a strange resonance sort of sound. Anyone know? Could it be a leak?

IMG_20120704_130220.jpg

IMG_20120704_130207(1).jpg

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
Looks good! :thumbsup:

Not sure about the odd sound though.....mine sounds good at any rpm's.

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Looks good! :thumbsup:

Not sure about the odd sound though.....mine sounds good at any rpm's.

The sound is actually much louder than I originally thought. I heard it from outside the car and this noise is almost as loud as the exhaust and clearly not supposed to be there. its almost as if there's 2 audio tracks. The exhaust which sounds amazing then that mystery sound.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Try shaking the exhaust from the tips. If there's any clanking or anything it may be hitting the rear subframe. When we did the final adjustments it had about a finger width gap between the exhaust and the subframe but maybe something shifted.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe the sleeve clamp that connects the DP to catback needs to be re-adjusted. I'll be away this weekend but if you can't get it figured out maybe we can play with it after work some day next week.