GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Not bad.

I also roll on mine year round. NFG.

Yeah, you live in CA though, Amir's location gets a shit ton of snow, I wouldn't roll on summers. I've never driven summers in snow though, I just assume it blows though.

Not likely. Those go 0-60 in like 7 and a half seconds or something. The 5.3 V12 only produced 295 hp and 300 ft/lbs.

That was fast in '92 :laugh:

maybe compared the car i had then.. it seemed incredble. i prob had either my '81 280zx or my '82 626 that year.

I mean that performance was incredible compared to most stuff back then. Now slower than Camuary. Still amazing, gorgeous cars though.

That is pretty cool. Did not know you worked in a shop like that. Did you have a love for the Z before working there or after?

I noticed you said 626.... my Aunt had one. Thing was bulletproof. Hers was known to eat oil and she was absent minded about checking. My Dad said once he checked it, it was pretty much bone dry but was still running like a champ. Bottles the mind.

Even funnier is the 626 was the BIG sedan from Mazda then. The 323 was compact. I'd think that a 626 today would be considered compact or even sub-compact. :laugh:

Mazda makes some extremely robust cars, they're an underrated brand. They did make the 929 back then, my grandparents had one and I remember riding it in the snow, it was RWD and the back end came out super easily :laugh:

So I am going to go and test drive some cars today...

IS350 F sport
Q56/G37 coupe?!
S4
maybe a 370z

Should be an interesting day.

Sounds fun, curious to see what you think.

I saw an IS250 today, the new design is really sharp.

I think it looks better than the BMW 3-series for sure.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Also, Toyota/Lexus just sucks as a brand. Lots of Subaru, Mazda, BMW, Corvette, etc. fans on here... Where's FAP? Come in and back me up.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I actually really like the new IS series, at least looks wise - haven't driven one yet. I've seen a IS350 F sport on the road and it looked good, imho.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
İ hated the is first but looks grew up on me, although i find the front lights separation with leds is weird, doe.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
The light separation is weird, but it's grown on me.

I think it's great to see Lexus pushing the rules of automotive design. Lexus, of all brands.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
The light separation is weird, but it's grown on me.

I think it's great to see Lexus pushing the rules of automotive design. Lexus, of all brands.

Yeah, it actually is a pretty cool design, I won't deny that.

I think it's hilarious that Infiniti totally ripped off the front end look despite all the shit it got on the internet.

Winoman

Ready to race!
Mazda makes some extremely robust cars, they're an underrated brand. They did make the 929 back then, my grandparents had one and I remember riding it in the snow, it was RWD and the back end came out super easily :laugh:[/IMG]

Agreed. Miata is (and has always been) really sweet. Mazda RX-7s (all but the 2nd Gen IMO) were awesome cars and the RX-8 was a great handling car (could have used some more power). Mazda 3 is decent and the Speed 3 is fantastic (for what it is). Mazdaspeed 6 was really nice as well and the 626s and Mazda 6s are all decent cars. 929 was a really nice car for its time (big).

I had a Mazda Millennia S - a supercharged Miller Cycle Engine that had great power & torque for its time and the car itself drove fantastically (for a FWD). It was really a great car (and one that I won several road rally type races in...)

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Agreed. Miata is (and has always been) really sweet. Mazda RX-7s (all but the 2nd Gen IMO) were awesome cars and the RX-8 was a great handling car (could have used some more power). Mazda 3 is decent and the Speed 3 is fantastic (for what it is). Mazdaspeed 6 was really nice as well and the 626s and Mazda 6s are all decent cars. 929 was a really nice car for its time (big).

I had a Mazda Millennia S - a supercharged Miller Cycle Engine that had great power & torque for its time and the car itself drove fantastically (for a FWD). It was really a great car (and one that I won several road rally type races in...)

Nice, I almost bought a Millennia once but ended up with a Civic instead. One of my college GFs had a 626, I loved those swinging vents :laugh:

I've always wanted to drive a Speed6, those things are neato.

Status
Not open for further replies.