GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gensinger in Clifton

Project337

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone ever bought a car from these tools before?

What a miserable bunch of people with no sorts of customer skills.

I walked into inquire about a GLI, no one even picked their head up (mean while they see me roll up in a new GTI), so I seek someone out. He had no sorts of personality and it was like I was disturbing him. So on, so forth... They give me a $ on my car, it was SO low it was embarrassing. They have the balls to tell me thats what book is, when I already know what it is, as I looked it up on KBB, NADA, and Edmunds (yes I know thats not what dealers use) but none the less its an approximate value. What dealers do use, is a comparison from another dealer, which was $3,500 more than what gensinger was offering. This is my 3rd GTI and I currently have a CC (which goes back in a year) so I've owned some VW's, but I never plan on setting foot in there again. Bernardsville it is.

Project.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
My experience at Gensinger (where I bought my GTI) was nothing but positive. I was helped and greeted right away. The car I traded in (03' Mazda 6) was given a fair value and they worked hard to get me a good deal on the GTI. Neither of the other two VW dealers I tried even wanted to bother working with me on price like they did. Plus their service department is cool about mods.

Demer

Passed Driver's Ed
I got my GTI there. They gave me a sick price I think on accident but still honored it. They really went out of there way to take care of me.

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
yea they seem
non friendly amd overpriced. i went there to check out what they have on the lot and everyone seeemed like they were busy while there was no one in the place.

BS2H

Ready to race!
Been there a few times. Neutral about 'em. I can recommend Joe Heidt Motors however.

wtbcody

Ready to race!
I bought my GTI there with 8 miles on it and got an amazing deal. There parts/service depart is beyond friendly, Brian and Scott are the only two people I deal with almost weekly.

Project337

Go Kart Champion
I don't know, maybe I caught them on a bad night. Though thats no excuse for the extreme low ball on my GTI. Bernardsville has always been good to me, so Ill stick with those guys, just so damn far.

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
I don't know, maybe I caught them on a bad night. Though thats no excuse for the extreme low ball on my GTI. Bernardsville has always been good to me, so Ill stick with those guys, just so damn far.

stick with summit if you can take the drive. very mod friendly and really chill.

Project337

Go Kart Champion
Bernardsville is now owned by Paul Miller. Good dealer, but it looks like everyone (staff) went down to Union.

Yeah I saw. Bill Gaffney was the guy I bought my GTI and CC from, is he still up there? There was also a kid in service that was supper cool, can't remember his name. He has/had a moded out MK5, haven't been up there in a while.

Project.

Project337

Go Kart Champion
stick with summit if you can take the drive. very mod friendly and really chill.

Never been there. I don't really have a pressing need right now. The CC has a year left and the GTI really doesn't have to go anywhere, but if i got a crazy deal i would consider a GLI.

fr4c

Ready to race!
Douglass/Summit is the place to go Project if you're really looking. Should be only about 40 minutes from you.

Project337

Go Kart Champion
The GTI is gone :(

The situation changed and I needed something that was auto and sat a bit higher (I severely injured my back at the begging of the year).

I went up to see my man Bill in Bernardsville, and unlike the tools over at Gensinger, they did the right thing and appraised the car the proper way, not this "book" shit. They ended up getting me 3500 more than Gensinger was going to give me. So if your looking for a new VW, go see Bill at Bernardsville, he's super cool and accommodating and doesn't hide shit, I guess thats why he's been there for 16 years.

O... btw, lol

I got a 2012 Tiguan SE with Sun and Nav package, White on Black.

Project.