GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Going to stage 2 , APR.

shadowgti12

Ready to race!
Well after months of considering, I am going to get flashed to stage 2 this weekend. I currently have SPM down pipe and free flo cat, keeping the stock exhaust which sounds good. This will be the first software installed on car. Does anyone thinks that the stock exhaust will hamper preformance? 2012 gti.. looking forward to see the difference in performance.:D

16plus4v

Ready to race!
I'm running the stage 2 w/ stock muffler /APR downpipe also. It's got a real nice tone to it, when WOT it opens up even more.

After one year it has broken in more for sure, and sounds like the car isn't stock. However it's a mature and non obnoxious sound compared to some cat backs that people run these days. Have been asked numerous times what I've done to get the sound. Was planning to grab the RSC rear muffler, but holding off until I go k04...

Gains from the rear muffler are slim btw.

stynker

Ready to race!
If you're still stock in terms of software, the difference will be night and day. Live it up, the euphoria is amazing!

shadowgti12

Ready to race!
If you're still stock in terms of software, the difference will be night and day. Live it up, the euphoria is amazing!
Keeping my fingers crossed, and hope no glitches. waiting to see the difference in preformance. love to go fast :drool:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Well after months of considering, I am going to get flashed to stage 2 this weekend. I currently have SPM down pipe and free flo cat, keeping the stock exhaust which sounds good. This will be the first software installed on car. Does anyone thinks that the stock exhaust will hamper preformance? 2012 gti.. looking forward to see the difference in performance.:D

lol your'e gonna shit your pants when you see the difference between stock and stage 2. Might as well get a nice intake while you're at it, give it the full benefits. You can run the stock catback no problem, enjoy the tune! Please PM me after you punch it for the first time on the new tune... cause it'll be the only way you can communicate (as you'll be at a loss of physical words) :burnrubber:

shadowgti12

Ready to race!
lol your'e gonna shit your pants when you see the difference between stock and stage 2. Might as well get a nice intake while you're at it, give it the full benefits. You can run the stock catback no problem, enjoy the tune! Please PM me after you punch it for the first time on the new tune... cause it'll be the only way you can communicate (as you'll be at a loss of physical words) :burnrubber:

I have an intake, Caribino, plus the down pipe, i might have gained some slight power from them but waitng for the combo of them together..

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I have an intake, Caribino, plus the down pipe, i might have gained some slight power from them but waitng for the combo of them together..

yeah, you better call your dentist and schedule an appointment for the same day you get the tune. Cause you're gonna need to go in for a case of perma-smile. OH SNAP! :thumbup:

VINNY1

Ready to race!
yeah, you better call your dentist and schedule an appointment for the same day you get the tune. Cause you're gonna need to go in for a case of perma-smile. OH SNAP! :thumbup:

Yea, but it goes away after awhile.
Been stage 2 for a year, and I'm itching for a K04.
Maybe in the spring.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Stage 2 is the perfect power level for this car then invest in a great suspension including sway bars and call it a day ;)

stynker

Ready to race!
Stage 2 is the perfect power level for this car then invest in a great suspension including sway bars and call it a day ;)

What he said is absolutely right, go springs/coils and sway bars after. The power planted to the ground with the absolutely neutral and controlled driving is amazing.

titan253

Ready to race!

How was the sound when adding just the DP? Did it deepen the tone or just raise the volume?

ErsteGTI

Ready to race!
What he said is absolutely right, go springs/coils and sway bars after. The power planted to the ground with the absolutely neutral and controlled driving is amazing.

Don't forget some better tires. Your gonna need them. I love my RE-11s. Stage 2 is perfect. Just hope I can get thur the smog thing in a couple years.....

Dont think catback as any or very little extra power, btw.