GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

golf 8 airbag error

Apomania

hello everyone. i ve got my golf 8 1.5 style 6 months ago it s on 2600 km. Yesterday i ve got yellow airbag error and i ve taken my car to vw servise. they ve told me that the airbag control unit needs to be changed. I think the employees in this service are not very knowledgeable. so i m asking here. has anyone had the same problem? is it too important security problem and should i ask for car changing. sorry for my english. thanks in advance.

PanEuropean

Ready to race!
Hello @Apomania , and welcome to the forum community.

If the employees at the VW service facility say that the controller needs to be replaced, I recommend that you let them replace it. When VW technicians do the investigation to determine what is causing a problem, they do not use their own judgement, instead, they hook the car up to a VW diagnostic computer and the computer reports what the problem is and what should be done to fix it.

So, if the VW computer says "change the controller"... let them change the controller. It is not a difficult task and changing the controller will probably solve your problem.

I don't think you need to ask for a new car unless the same problem keeps occurring once the controller has been replaced.

Michael

Apomania

Hello @Apomania , and welcome to the forum community.

If the employees at the VW service facility say that the controller needs to be replaced, I recommend that you let them replace it. When VW technicians do the investigation to determine what is causing a problem, they do not use their own judgement, instead, they hook the car up to a VW diagnostic computer and the computer reports what the problem is and what should be done to fix it.

So, if the VW computer says "change the controller"... let them change the controller. It is not a difficult task and changing the controller will probably solve your problem.

I don't think you need to ask for a new car unless the same problem keeps occurring once the controller has been replaced.

Michael
Thank you Michael i ll take your advice.