GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R at the Montreal Auto Show

40rty

I hope that the Golf R would be able to make 320 or more. What would the torque be like? I'm coming from a Cobalt SS/TC that makes 336whp 393trq, so i would like to feel the same or even more coming out of the K04S in the R20.

I understand that VW built this engine but will it still pull a 1.8T rod issue after certain hp?

rickerbr

Ready to race!
Stage 1 (flash only - goapr.com) for the 265hp TFSI is 322hp/321 lb-ft (flywheel). With a downpipe and HPFP, you are looking at I think 330/360. With Stage 3 turbo swap is 400hp and probably similar torque numbers. As far as I can tell, 400 is without any internals, so probably above 400 you've got to look at rods and pistons etc.

Keep in mind it's 400cc smaller than an ecotec, so that may explain the difference in peak torque. I suspect the 2.0T has a much broader and more usable torque curve, but I don't know that for sure. Sounds like you're making 370-380ish at the flywheel if you've really got 336 at the wheels.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Holy cow Batman 400HP. I knew a guy on Audizine that has or had a 400HP A4 1.8t. He was dipping into the 11 sec range on his daily driver.

I'm not wanting to hog wild with my daily driver. Chip, downpipe and exhaust would be my aim.

I'm curious if the downpipe would be the same on the R as the MKV GTI's with the FSI engine? Friend has a AWE downpipe in a box un-opened.

Wild Hare

vw_krazy

More:
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...olf-r-concept-makes-north-american-debut.html

It seems they are testing the waters to see what type of responses they get. My feeling is that they took the effort to bring it to that show is a step in the right direction ...as in wanting to sell it here in North America!

articles like this are what keep me alive lol and honestly, I'd be more than willing to pay $40k+ Canadian for this car (and to be honest whatever else it costs to get those recaro seats too). Aside from a 135/335 I don't see any any other strong competitor in the projected price range. But thats just my opinion - and yes its extremely biased lol.

jjkh

Passed Driver's Ed
The Golf R looks amazing. I hope it doesn't show up at the Toronto Auto Show cause I don't think I can cope with the jealousy and the drool!!!! lol

I've seen 2 blue R32's (MKIV & MKV) and I couldn't stop staring and love the sound of the exhaust. Such a unique car.

vw_krazy

The Golf R looks amazing. I hope it doesn't show up at the Toronto Auto Show cause I don't think I can cope with the jealousy and the drool!!!! lol

I've seen 2 blue R32's (MKIV & MKV) and I couldn't stop staring and love the sound of the exhaust. Such a unique car.

hahaha I never thought about it that way.

I saw one of the blue mkv R32's today on St.Clair by Oakwood.

I'm starting to think even if they don't release them in Canada, I'll import one from the States (I have a feeling it's at least going there)

Wild Hare

articles like this are what keep me alive lol and honestly, I'd be more than willing to pay $40k+ Canadian for this car (and to be honest whatever else it costs to get those recaro seats too). Aside from a 135/335 I don't see any any other strong competitor in the projected price range. But thats just my opinion - and yes its extremely biased lol.

I too thought about the 135. Pure SEX!

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2010/1/135iCoupe/default.aspx

Sweet Jesus!
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/08q1/2008_bmw_135i-short_take_road_test

OHSNAP

I actually like it! I might go test drive one this weekend!

It has a subtleness to it that I really enjoy. It's not too loud as other BMWs are.

Hmmmm, if the Golf R doesn't hit the states soon enough I may end up in the seat of a 135i...

JimmyT1

Passed Driver's Ed
Dove a Oner with the BMW version of automatic transmission, and the car was redonkulous quick....big time sticker shock when I looked at one speced out to match my MK V R32. If you are really interested in the 135i, buy a two year used example with low miles for a bout 1/4 off sticker, and drive right to the GIAC dealer...

Wild Hare

Dove a Oner with the BMW version of automatic transmission, and the car was redonkulous quick....big time sticker shock when I looked at one speced out to match my MK V R32. If you are really interested in the 135i, buy a two year used example with low miles for a bout 1/4 off sticker, and drive right to the GIAC dealer...
Wow, sounds like a smokin' deal. 0-60 in 4.7 stock. Can't imagine with a chip!

JimmyT1

Passed Driver's Ed
Like any other car, the BMWs have their problems. HPFPs are a bane to the N54 engine, but I am sure with preventive maintenance and taking car, they are good cars. Stock for stock, they are really quick! People that really push the car complain of oversteer, which slows it down when Autocrossing. In a recent R&T mag, the Audi TTS bested a 135i, but cost considerably more. ANd now a new 1 series bodystyle is on the way, and a M1 too. Lots of neat toys to look forward to!!

vw_krazy

haha as much as I have looked into a 135i, if there's any possibility an R is coming to North America I'm going to have to go with that. A stage 2 R is more than enough for me - for now (I think I'm buying a lotus sometime later on in life)