GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF R MK 7 Performance Questions

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Already mentioned, but as with any traction issue, indeed good tires. But what kind is the real question. I run Conti DWS06 and hook well but I monitor tire pressure also and run a few psi less to help. Other tires that hook well would be something like the Toyo triple eights, but be mindful of the rain. Other things, mounts, tune (ECU/TCU haldex). If your spinning your not winning, I would opt for a tune that ramps up boost to allow hook, then go spicy once all gripped up. Of course there is test and tune with tire psi and what your tune calibration are all doing. Eventually you get it dialed, just test, tune, adjust: rinse and repeat until you cant better your time anymore.

icin235

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Everyone, New guy to this forum, checking in.

I have a 2015 Golf R VII DSG with about 55K miles. It has APR Stage 2 tuning with an APR downpipe and cold air induction. I have the TSG upgrade on the transmission. A few weeks ago I installed new plugs. I burn 93 octane gas. The car has always performed well but I just got a Dragy a couple of weeks ago. Using launch control it seems to accelerate really well but the best I measured with the Dragy was 0-60 in 4.10 seconds. On YouTube I'm seeing a lot of posts with times around 3.70 seconds or less.

The car has Firestone street tires. With launch control I get a little tire spin, but it catches quickly. The outside air temperature was 65 degrees and the altitude was 187' above ground level.

What can I do to improve my 0-60 times? I've considered using Sunoco 105 unleaded gasoline. Any useful suggestions would be appreciated.
Your miles are pretty low, but the one thing that could be affecting your car's power is carbon buildup.
After a carbon cleaning, my last R got noticeably quicker (per dragy). Might be worth looking into.