GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gonzo/GTS Tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Just seeing what everyones experience was.

I'm leaning toward APR now, just waiting for the summer sale.

Looking to go Stage 1...Possibly 2, havent decided yet.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
there are some nightmare threads, I'd pass on them and go with a larger tuner like apr, unitronic, giac, etc

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
What's the deal with them? I hear they send you a cable? So no ecu crack? Does that avoid the TD1 code?

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
So why would they tell me they send me a cable ? Weird

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie

k0mpresd

Ready to race!
they are wrong. they must be opened. thats not gonzo, btw.

Last edited:

Avant

Ready to race!
Why wouldn't you go with any of the big 4? Because Gonzo is cheaper? There's too many threads implying they're shady and that they suck.

And what kind of name is "Gonzo tuning" anyway? Is this a pron business?

EDIT: Their website doesn't even have product listings for the TSI.. wtf.

EDIT2: There's also a reason they only have 3 independent dealers.. because no one wants to sell their shit l0l. Why spend a little bit less money for something as delicate as a tune? I would NOT trust them with my engine.

k0mpresd

Ready to race!
Why wouldn't you go with any of the big 4? Because Gonzo is cheaper? There's too many threads implying they're shady and that they suck.

And what kind of name is "Gonzo tuning" anyway? Is this a pron business?

EDIT: Their website doesn't even have product listings for the TSI.. wtf.

EDIT2: There's also a reason they only have 3 independent dealers.. because no one wants to sell their shit l0l. Why spend a little bit less money for something as delicate as a tune? I would NOT trust them with my engine.

i know gonzo personally. hes a good guy.
i usually only try to post opinions from personal experiences. unless you had a personal experience with someone, everything youre saying is hearsay, good or bad.

Avant

Ready to race!
i know gonzo personally. hes a good guy.
i usually only try to post opinions from personal experiences. unless you had a personal experience with someone, everything youre saying is hearsay, good or bad.

Sure. Other people can post bad testimonial threads if they want.

However, where are their quarter mile times? 60-130? Dynoplots for the 2.0TSI?

That being said, he's probably a good guy.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
You're assuming I'm cheaping out. Not the case. Just asking for thoughts on it. I have had money set aside for a tune for months now, waiting for sales and gathering data.

That said, how do you like GIAC.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
You're assuming I'm cheaping out. Not the case. Just asking for thoughts on it. I have had money set aside for a tune for months now, waiting for sales and gathering data.

That said, how do you like GIAC.

Another one to take a look at might be Driver Motorsport tuning. They are new, but what they're doing looks very promising, not to mention that it's run by ex APR guys.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Another one to take a look at might be Driver Motorsport tuning. They are new, but what they're doing looks very promising, not to mention that it's run by ex APR guys.

DM tuned stage 2 here. No issues, mileage is up, car pulls very hard. They aren't that new... they have been doing MK5's for quite a while now IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.