GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good 12v ignition source under hood?

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
I did a little poking around for some meth kit installs but either I'm too tired or I just couldn't find anything but where are people tapping into for a 12v ignition source under the hood?

I'm soon to be installing a 12v solenoid to control my accumulator valve and need to tap an ignition controlled 12v source. Would rather not route the cable to the interior of the car if possible.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
Always good to know what others find. Subcribed.

Do you have a light tester or DMM? Where are you putting the accumulator?

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
Always good to know what others find. Subcribed.

Do you have a light tester or DMM? Where are you putting the accumulator?

I haven't tested any lines yet, I can and will if needed. I was just looking for what people have already find out and if they have any that they recommend over others....

I'm relocating the battery to the rear of the car and putting the accumulator where the batter currently sits. Basically got the idea from GuyH's million horse power GTI.

Could you add a circuit to the fuse box next to the battery, similar to this method?

Should be able to, there should be something in the fuse box under the hood.

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
Great! Thanks.

You using a tap-a-fuse type thing there?

Yes to run my water meth pump

Just a quick note on this. I finally got around to wiring up my accumulator to find out that indeed that fuse is ignition based but that when you shut the car off it stays on for 10-15 seconds. Just a warning, this didn't suit my needs so I ran a wire to a fuse in the fuse box inside the car.

:)