GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got new APR K04 V3.0 tune? Post reviews in here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swagger76

Ready to race!
I myself have a properly running 3.0 file. Has anyone upgraded to the 3.1 from a proper 3.0? Can u feel the difference between the two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fender177

Ready to race!
O M G. Just got he car back from the shop, was stage 2 before.
As others have described, this car scared me after 4K. Its like VTEC kicked in yo.

I feel like I have the same amount of torque as stage 2 up until 4K which is very linear and then BLAM my AWE gauge spiked to 25+ PSI and my RPM to redline just was screaming.

As i drove away from the tuner, I thought maybe something was wrong as I didnt feel like the car was any different driving in the streets compared to stage 2 but when I got a chance to WOT oh boy was I wrong.

Great work APR ! Best money I have ever spent ! :thumbup::happyanim:

I've asked Jamie and he is looking into it, but maybe you can chime in - did they bench flash you or port flash you? What's your boxcode?

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
I myself have a properly running 3.0 file. Has anyone upgraded to the 3.1 from a proper 3.0? Can u feel the difference between the two?

Maybe what we think is proper... Really isn't proper?

I also feel mine isn't to far off but I do have a consistent jerk in low rpm's during daily driving and the lower rpm's feel pretty weak.

From what I have gathered, v3.1c will cure everything and including the common cold!

:)

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!

I had a proper working 3.0 file too. 3.1 Blows it away. Don't hesitate, just get it.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
I'm hoping my boxcode gets finished today before about noon, so I can stop by the shop and get updated. I've been waiting to get reflashed for a couple weeks now since I am running a bad port of V3.0. I wish all the talk of how great V3.1 would stop until I can get it too :(

Mr Rabbi

Ready to race!
Maybe what we think is proper... Really isn't proper?

I also feel mine isn't to far off but I do have a consistent jerk in low rpm's during daily driving and the lower rpm's feel pretty weak.

From what I have gathered, v3.1c will cure everything and including the common cold!

:)

My update from V2.0 to V3.1 was a success. The car feels smoother and when you hit 4k it really pulls strong. No misfires so far. Going to the drag strip next weds to see results

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
I just wanted to provide my feedback on the 3.1c file.

Startup:
As soon as I turned the key, there were subtle differences, the idle fell to it's normal 750rpm state much quicker & smoother than my old 3.0 file did.

Idle:
The engine idles smoothly and has no variation from what I can see on the cluster.
Throttle modulation is even "smoother" than my 3.0 file, a little bit of the jumpiness of 2.0 is back from idle to about 1k rpm, however as soon as the engine goes past this point it's smooth as silk. I've noticed more exhaust popping when revving in neutral, which is never a bad thing in my opinion, sounds awesome.

Starting off:
Taking off from a stop is no different than 3.0, except the minor issue described below.
The first thing you will notice is a much better response from the engine, torque is noticeably better than 3.0 and 2.0. They married both of these files and took the best of each.

Traction control/ first& second:
First and second gear will spin tires but the traction control reigns it in quite nicely.the program appears to dial back boost and timing, but doesn't cut the throttle plate heavily like stock tcs does. This allows for as smooth of a dialback in power as possible to keep wheel spin to a minimum.However that program is working overtime to contain the spin.

third & up:
third gear pulls and pulls, from idle up to 4k rpm the ecu requests 18psi of boost, and when i say 18 I mean 18 solid, it's like my boost gauge hits a brick wall. As soon as 4k hits, the ecu requests 26psi as indicated by my gauge and the car rockets forward.going from 50 to 100 is as effortless as rolling on the throttle & before you know it, your breaking the speed limit and exceeding it by a fair margin. Got the car up to 110 much quicker than the previous files, and was begging to go faster.

Shifts:
Quick shifting is no longer an issue, the engine responds to the pedal perfectly.it's honestly as close as cable driven throttle as humanly/electronically possible. However I can still get the engine to "pull" the revs down if I shift fast enough. However I don't believe that is a fault in the software, just the dual mass flywheel doing it's thing...

Driveability:
The car is in truth responds to your every input, it's like going from having corrective lenses your whole life and then one day you wake up with 20/20 vision. The clarity of the inputs are a joy to experience.

Criticisms:
The flash took over 2 hours to complete, this was explained that APR servers were bogged down, which I guess it's understandable due to the fact that the file was released only a few days ago, however i think they need to upgrade their internet connection/server to handle these types of requests.
slight jumpiness from idle to 1k, but it's only noticeable from a stop and when idling in first with the car moving, the throttle input is very sensitive which leads to a little bit of jerkiness from the motor which then goes away almost immediately, however I'm more sensitive to these little glitches than most, and others may not notice this.
My cbfa engine revs do not drop quickly at all when the car is on its air injection cycle, however I don't think this is truly a fault with the software but I'll leave it here until clarified.
I'll update this as I notice things but I feel this part is going to be a short list.

Final thoughts:
This is the epitome of the APR ko4 revisions,I firmly believe there will not be any more "incredible" updates after this one.They nailed this one on the head. addressing so many complaints and brought back the best features of the previous files. I can say I'm happy with this revision. Jamie & the rest of the crew that worked on this did a fantastic job. Anyone on the fence about this should immediately get this flash done.
I cannot wait to see comparisons to other competitors files.

skully

Ready to race!
Please tell me that your move to bama came with an Alabama Beef Curtains plate, D....
Yes, daily driven with the plates

Receive my email yet? If I don't have mine by next week you owe me one 6 pack of craft beers at H20i :D
I requested it with your email ;) And you will receive a personalized text message, facebook message, snapchat, and instagram from me :attention_whore:

He took tips from me on how to live in a different state with out of state plates. If anyone is wondering, tell "those people" that you are "temporarily" working in that location. I haven't lived at the address on my license since 2011, lol.

Yeah, I still have my address in Ohio for my license. Then I registered my car to an address in Huron, OH so I don't have to drive my cars up for emission testing every 2 years.

mrgoodbar

Passed Driver's Ed
I've asked Jamie and he is looking into it, but maybe you can chime in - did they bench flash you or port flash you? What's your boxcode?
I originally was benched flashed from Apr. when I went stage two, I had to be bench flashed from my tuner. when I went k04 they port flashed.

* 1K0907115AM S0030<br />
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jamie@APR

Ready to race!
  • 06J906027CL S0857
  • 06J906027F S8068
  • 06J906027FE S3952
  • 06J906027FJ S4352
  • 06J906027J S1637
  • 06J906027K S2908
  • 1k0907115AL S0030
  • 1K0907115AM S0030
  • 1K0907115AP S0020
  • 1K0907115AP S0040
  • 1K0907115AS S0010
  • 1K0907115AT S0010 <---just added! E-mails being generated now

VeeDubbLuV

By the beard of Zeus
[*]1K0907115AS S0010
[/LIST]

Can we get that "AS" changed to an "AF" APR???

One letter same software revision, and I'm on my way to my Roc-Euro to get flashed asap! Help a brother out APR.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.