GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got Stage 1 APR Today

oeguy

Ready to race!
Hey guys I finally got stage 1 today and all I have to say is WOOOW what a difference APR has done a great job at adding power and torque to the mk6 GTI. I live in Toronto and as soon as I heard K&H rad was ready to flash MK6's I called and spoke to Mario and booked my appointment right away.

At first I was worried because I'm sure as you all know the ECU needs to be out of the car for the initial flash. Well Mario did a great job and when the ECU was out the whole flash took less than ten minutes. Anyway on to the good stuff:)) The car feels amazing worth every penny. The power comes on smooth and feels very OEM also turbo lag is now a memory the power band is smooth and seamless in every gear. APR has done a great job in tuning the MKVI and imho stage 1 is by far the best bang for the buck.

iLIKEgti1

Sweet. Now to bombard you with questions.

You got the flash, so they did not install new ecu right?
How much?
If VW reflash will APR reflash for you for free or how much?
Is it the same like with a new ECU ie. You can turn it on and off with cruis control stalk, etc.
And finally can you elaborate on "wow"?:D

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Sweet. Now to bombard you with questions.

You got the flash, so they did not install new ecu right?
How much?
If VW reflash will APR reflash for you for free or how much?
Is it the same like with a new ECU ie. You can turn it on and off with cruis control stalk, etc.
And finally can you elaborate on "wow"?:D

1. No, it's the existing ECU being used.
2. Yes, the APR dealer should re-flash for free if the VW dealer "updates" your flash.
3. Yes, there is a special deal for the ECU going on right now.
4. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW?!

siagolf

Ready to race!
so it's noticeable enuf that you can immediately tell if the dealer wipes out the APR program so that you can get it reflashed back in?

carbon

Ready to race!
The power comes on smooth and feels very OEM also turbo lag is now a memory the power band is smooth and seamless in every gear. APR has done a great job in tuning the MKVI and imho stage 1 is by far the best bang for the buck.

That alone is enough for me to get it
I just need to check with my local dealers

StreetSpeed2000

Passed Driver's Ed
When I test drove the MKVI, it felt down right anemic to my tuned MKV. Chip it people, you will love your life so much more.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
i called apr and asked if this will void the warranty. they told me just to switch it to stock mode when you bring it to the dealer and they will never know you have it!!

zee

Go Kart Champion
Congrats...I am seriously fighting the urge to chip it at the moment. I am not yet bored of the power delivery, so I am hoping the chip will re-awake the GTI experience for me in the future when it is needed.

iLIKEgti1

I am wondering what the long-term testing shows. Can you use the APR mode all the time or is it better to switch it over to stock for regular bumper to bumper?

I mentioned in another forum that I won't get chipped because I don't care about some other guy being a second faster than me, but every time I hear somebody getting chipped it gets my blood pumpin. And I don't even have a GTI yet...

GTI-VI

Ready to race!
I am wondering what the long-term testing shows. Can you use the APR mode all the time or is it better to switch it over to stock for regular bumper to bumper?

I mentioned in another forum that I won't get chipped because I don't care about some other guy being a second faster than me, but every time I hear somebody getting chipped it gets my blood pumpin. And I don't even have a GTI yet...

iono about that second i've raced my boys mkv gti with stage i and carbonio intake on a 30 roll and maybe after 2-3 seconds of the race it rips right pass me at by 3-4 cars ending at 94 mph . but i think ima skip stage I and go straight for stage II by mid feb =] chipping is always a + as i see it :thumbup: ps: also im doing perfect shifts.

other than that nice job on getting stg 1 oeguy =]

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
i just got my stage 1 today too. its absolutley amazing! to wheels spin in 1st,2nd, and a little bit in 3rd. it has massive pull until like 5k deff worth the $$. however it took like 2 hours to install bc my ecu was in a canister (like a hard drive) and he had to open it up to flash it.

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
got my Stage I today too, haven't gotten to tear it up yet...

fokker

Ready to race!
Congrats... looking forward to reading more about it.

Any torque steer, wheel spin? Problems putting the power down?

Thanks.

GTI-VI

Ready to race!
damn seeing everyone getting there stage I making me so hype but cant chip until my DP come in :(