GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grambles Hella Functional (Part Deux)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
There are some people on both MkV and MkVI who have been able to retain the 'bag hangers' while most others have not. It is really more of a placement issue. A few millimeters will make the difference. Please note Modshack's cool solution to patch the carpet when removing the bag hanger' anchors at the end of the installation instructions. It is brilliant!

Grambes423: looking forward to your review. When you post to VagR please send me a link. TIA Bruce

Last edited:

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
There are some people on both MkV and MkVI who have been able to retain the 'bag hangers' while most others have not. It is really more of a placement issue. A few millimeters will make the difference. Please not Modshack's cool solution to patch the carpet when removing the bag hanger' anchors at the end of the installation instructions. It is brilliant!

Grambes423: looking forward to your review. When you post to VagR please send me a link. TIA Bruce

But it appears that Grambles bag hangers are behind the XB not below it...from what I can tell on my phone

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
There comes a time when you finally nail that perfect feeling you've been looking for so very long.

Unibrace XB has finally delivered that one element I was missing.

I think I've found the perfect balance of power and suspension ability. More reflection when I get to a keyboard.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Nice. I love mine. Looking forward to your review. I think this should be one of the first suspension mods.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Oil Change this weekend + changing out my Magnetic Plug. Its been on there the life of the car and just needs to be laid to rest.

Loving the car. With it becoming extraordinarily hot lately (90F+) I'm glad that my APR IC is delivering exquisite results even at Stage 2. WIN.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Nice to see what seems to be a smile on your face, amigo.

Don't mess with it for a while. ;)

I probably wont touch it (Part on OR Off) till it dies. Just maintenance for the rest of the life. (Which seems so mundane now.... comparatively speaking lol)

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
I probably wont touch it (Part on OR Off) till it dies. Just maintenance for the rest of the life. (Which seems so mundane now.... comparatively speaking lol)

Tell me about it.

I've reached a point where I really don't need to do anything next with mine, aside from a desire to do Tyrol collars, FSB, and XB eventually.

It truly is an odd feeling. It's nice, though. :laugh:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
The sharpness that has been presented in the steering is certainly welcoming. With four distinctive corners on my drive and followed by an intense barrage of bends, I'm finding out I cannot drive this car calmly on my commute in :p.

It's a game now to see how bad I can drop my MPG. Today I nailed my record. 34MPG down to 24.3 and back up to 28.4 by the time I was pulling into my parking spot.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like you're really enjoying where the car is right now.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Another delightful drive in this morning. The XB gives that complete feeling in the at now. As if I found that last puzzle piece under the couch cushion.

Stage 2 + stock intake gives a satisfying feeling. JUST enough power for my commute without power under steering. It dies a little on the highway, but that's at speeds of 80+ and I'm only on the interstate for about minutes.

The stage 1 dsg tuning is really shining as well. I'm liking it better than stage 2.

I have squeaky rear suspension bushings :( something that'll just need to be refreshed at 100K

Received oil, filter, and magnetic plug yesterday. Just another simple oil change tomorrow. She'll probably get a wash and machine wax today. Maybe even a polish.

Overall I'm very settled with this car now. In my eyes it's perfect and I'm happy with it. :)