GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Depo R LED Taillights

Status
Not open for further replies.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
If you do not have access to coding should you just get the lights no fog?
Attempting to piece together all the information on which light will come on with which switch/reverse. Before I swap the tails, I just want to make sure I fully understand what will change.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
If you do not have access to coding should you just get the lights no fog?
Attempting to piece together all the information on which light will come on with which switch/reverse. Before I swap the tails, I just want to make sure I fully understand what will change.

If you can't code ....
And you get the non fog version all will be well and is fully plug and play (both white reverse lights). You will have the jazzy startup flicker however - coding will get rid of that.
With the rear fog version you will have the red fog light come on when you put the car in reverse (plus the above flicker). If the red reverse light doesn't bother you then it's fine and is fully plug an play.
If you don't want the red light to be on in reverse you need to code the car to disable it.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
If you can't code ....
And you get the non fog version all will be well and is fully plug and play (both white reverse lights). You will have the jazzy startup flicker however - coding will get rid of that.
With the rear fog version you will have the red fog light come on when you put the car in reverse (plus the above flicker). If the red reverse light doesn't bother you then it's fine and is fully plug an play.
If you don't want the red light to be on in reverse you need to code the car to disable it.

Thank you. Sounds like no fog is in my future.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
If you can't code ....

jazzy start up flickr? how exactly do you get rid of that?

Shutaro

Ready to race!

smac24

Ready to race!
Just installed my LEDs. Any tips you guys have for keeping the resistors in place other than the double sided 3m tape? They still wiggle a bit. Other than that ? pretty solid fitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Just installed my LEDs. Any tips you guys have for keeping the resistors in place other than the double sided 3m tape? They still wiggle a bit. Other than that �� pretty solid fitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Velcro is the best bet. You can get it anywhere and its better in tougher weather conditions. (you know, those sub zero days in SD ;P)

AXO

Go Kart Champion
They should just sell a cheaper version then without the resistors. But i think the resistors are as simple as just unplugging them right?

This is the cheapest you find these tails anywhere. Matter of fact ECS Tuning is having a sale on the Ziza Tail and they are $499.00 normally $599.00. For a hundred more you can purchase oem. I have these on the top of my to do list when I get my tax refund :word:

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
If you attach the resistor bloacks to your hatch inside trim cover - make sure to unplug them if you ever take that hatch cover off. Or you'll mistakenly rip them off and may f up the lights connectors.
I'd try fix them to the hatch metal.

XanderCablay

Just ordered my dark cherry tails. I cant believe i put off buying these for so long, its such a good deal, and they look awesome. Wish they would have just come standard here in the states. Thanks for such a good deal Dose.

Status
Not open for further replies.