GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI 2012 VCDS help...

Higgibaby

Ok, racking my brains and checking all the threads, getting a little lost and confused so I'm hoping someone could help me out with a seemingly simple coding. I have just installed the OEM LED tail lights with the no fog option, and I have the obvious bulb out message. The lights work great, they do all that they need to do, I just want to remove the message.

Now, I have read threads of all differemt Instructions, and although some are car specific, I really want to make sure that what I do to my coding is gonna work and is specific to my 2012.

So if someone could just help me with this by just giving me a simple instruction, it would be awesome...

Thanks...

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Try "21" in byte 18

^this.

Make the change in the long coding itself to be sure. I tried to do it in the drop-down menu the first few times but the change wouldn't take. Just be careful to count over the correct number of digits in the long code(remember that the first two digits will be for byte '0', the next two for byte '1', etc), change byte '18' to 21 like zVp said, and all should be good.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
^this.

Make the change in the long coding itself to be sure. I tried to do it in the drop-down menu the first few times but the change wouldn't take. Just be careful to count over the correct number of digits in the long code(remember that the first two digits will be for byte '0', the next two for byte '1', etc), change byte '18' to 21 like zVp said, and all should be good.

You used to be able to change it in the previous versions of VCDS, but now you have to change it in the long-coding. Just BE CAREFUL!

your avatar is making me dizzy.... :barf:

but its boss! :cool:

Thanks! :p

Higgibaby

You used to be able to change it in the previous versions of VCDS, but now you have to change it in the long-coding. Just BE CAREFUL!

Thanks! :p

That's great, thanks so much everyone...I'll copy down the long coding sequence before any changes! Don't want the blinkers to signal different directions or something bizarre like that. :thumbup:

Higgibaby

^this.

Thanks Lodi...

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Lodi...

no problem man. Let us know if it all works out for you. Also, check zVp's signature at the bottom of his posts. He's got a great link to a bunch of other Vag-com tweaks you can do to your car...

zVp

Go Kart Champion
no problem man. Let us know if it all works out for you. Also, check zVp's signature at the bottom of his posts. He's got a great link to a bunch of other Vag-com tweaks you can do to your car...

Thanks for the referral :thumbup:

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the referral :thumbup:

Anytime man. I'll just assume my commission cheque is in the mail...;)