GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti Mk6 Leather or Interlago Plaid Seats Recommendation??

Leather or Plaid?

• Leather Seats

Votes: 46 38.3%
  • Interlago Plaid Seats

Votes: 74 61.7%

• Total voters

r56mcs

Ready to race!
If the money wasn't the issue, I would have gone with leather, Xenon, Nav, etc..
Especially leather because the seats are different.

BRAND X

Passed Driver's Ed
I think the plaid is funky cool and iconic so I don't disagree with anyone who chooses that option......hey.....it's your car, but I definitely feel that the Autobahn package in general adds a huge touch of higher-end feel to the interior.

Coming from ownership of a long line of BMW's I had to go leather to not feel like I was downgrading.

I sat in my first MK6 in a dealer showroom and it had the Autobahn pack with the leather seats and I immediately felt right at home......even coming from M3's, 545's etc.....

daihard

Ready to race!
Coming from ownership of a long line of BMW's I had to go leather to not feel like I was downgrading.

Haha, same here. My 3 previous cars were BMWs, which all had leather seats.

That said, the primary reason I selected leather over cloth was the seat itself. I prefer power seats over manual. :)

r56mcs

Ready to race!
I wish my cloth seats came with full manual controls. I don't like power recline...

daihard

Ready to race!
I wish my cloth seats came with full manual controls. I don't like power recline...

Did you get Interlagos with partial power? I thought the standard seats were fully manual!

mrbenyong

Passed Driver's Ed
this is how i made the best of TWO WORLDS!

I GOT LEATHER, and WORE PLAID PANTS!.... serious!

it looks so right in the car! ill try to take a picture one day! hehehehehe :D

TheLex

I love the plaid - not because it's plaid but because it's cloth. I've owned all sorts of Mercedes and other luxury cars. Why everyone wants leather is beyond me. Leather is scratchable, hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and it's slippery. These GTI cloth seats are uber comfortable, and the increased friction of the cloth holds you in place when you're driving "spiritedly".

dubber1

Plaid all the way. Although i believe its called Jersey cloth now. Interlagos was for the name for the MK5 version. That cloth is very unique and i think only helps the overall look of the GTI. Beautiful.

2010GolfGTIMK6

AutoTuning
I'm in Canada, leather in the summer is hot and sticky, winter it's as cold as ice. Plus I love the detail and styling of the plaid seats, the only way to go!

r56mcs

Ready to race!
Did you get Interlagos with partial power? I thought the standard seats were fully manual!

After having owned the MKV Jetta with power recline, I was surprised to see "8 way manual seats" on the GTI features list. I was very excited also!! But when I got the car it had the power recline!!!!!! Oh, well. I wasn't gonna walk away because of that.

daihard

Ready to race!
After having owned the MKV Jetta with power recline, I was surprised to see "8 way manual seats" on the GTI features list. I was very excited also!! But when I got the car it had the power recline!!!!!! Oh, well. I wasn't gonna walk away because of that.

Really? The brochure is surely misleading. Well, just power recline as opposed to manual shouldn't be a big deal anyway. :)