GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti Mk6 Leather or Interlago Plaid Seats Recommendation??

Leather or Plaid?

• Leather Seats

Votes: 46 38.3%
  • Interlago Plaid Seats

Votes: 74 61.7%

• Total voters

ngnorm

Just Wondering which seats do you guys recommend getting? I prefer the Leather but the Plaid is also nice and save $$

JhnR

Banned
i like my cloth on my mk5.

also ordered a mk6 with cloth as well.

leather tends to scratch fade in time if not maintained properly. comes down to personal choice IMO

ShahulX

Ready to race!
Just placed an order for the plaid seats... It's very unique and it's grippy. I hate leather now

JhnR

Banned
everyone that gets in my mk5, asks if my seats are custom order...

of course they are. special edition =P

scottw86

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm normally a huge fan of leather, but how many cars can you get with PLAID seats?? I had to go for the plaid.

PNCHDUB

Mk VI
I love a good tartan plaid, but leather is so much nicer.

CadMan

Ready to race!
I like both and the plaid is unique! but the leather is so much easier to keep clean.
Were talking three kids clean here not just a daily driver. :barf:
Cool I always had wanted to use that smilie.

s2kguy

Ready to race!
I usually go for leather but ordered the iconic plaid. More comfortable in both cold and hot weather, and they sure heat up fast! No kids in my car, so they have been no trouble to care for.

Boo1

Ready to race!
I'm usually a leather guy too, but the MKVI I'm getting is cloth, and leather was not even a consideration.

- not only does the plaid look kick ass (IMO), but I love the history- nod to the MK1.
- grippier than leather for corners, where I will be spending most of my time in this car.
- also, not sure what the quality of leather is VW uses. My 10 year old Acura's seats are in stellar shape. Not sure how VW's would hold up over time. Some leather seats don't wear well for more than 3-4 years before they're looking tired.

Awry

Ready to race!
I like the form and shape of the leather seats better but prefer the fabric feel and looks in addition to the red stitching with is very GTI. In short I like the euro cloth seats best, but I'd probably pick the leather seats in the US.

ShahulX

Ready to race!
Ordered mine in cloth - I do like the leather (and the GTI uses some nice leather) but there is something funky about the Plaid that i love.

:clap: exactly... and exactly to the person who said "how many cars can you get with plaid inside":thumbsup: