GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI TCR - exhaust options

Shavou

Car(s)
Golf GTI TCR
Morning gents.

Just got delivery of a 19 TCR with standard exhaust.
Lovely car but very “dull” sound in my opinion.

I’d like to improve the sound character within reasons, adding some rasping and crackling notes.
I’m leaning toward the Scorpion cat back resonated system:

https://progressiveparts.com/produc...ck-exhaust-100mm-polished-daytona-tips-svw060

Anyone did anything similar?
Being a resonated system, would it improve the sound, or would it be very similar to the stock one? I’ve seen in person tcr with the Akra and tbh the difference is very subtle.

I’d like to avoid going down the route of a res delete if possible as the drone and ‘boomy’ sound on the motorway will annoy me too much!

Cheers everyone

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
The TCR exhaust is not very muffled just that the GPF downpipe kills most sound, I have the Scorpion system with a catted Milltek DP but this TCR with just a DP and tune is about as loud just a higher raspier tone.

Shavou

Car(s)
Golf GTI TCR
Thanks Chris!

sorry, I’m not really that mechanically minded, first time looking into mods and changing exhausts.
Any chance you can send me a direct link from where to buy the catted Milltek DP? Also, do you have the resonances or non resonated scorpion cat back?

have you removed the gpf filter than?
any extra info / further explanations are more than welcome 🤗

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Thanks Chris!

sorry, I’m not really that mechanically minded, first time looking into mods and changing exhausts.
Any chance you can send me a direct link from where to buy the catted Milltek DP? Also, do you have the resonances or non resonated scorpion cat back?

have you removed the gpf filter than?
any extra info / further explanations are more than welcome 🤗
You have to decide if you want to get your car mapped or not since you cant just delete the GPF filter and sensors, remaining warranty work could be declined due to TD1 flash count flag.

I got the non res version with a shorter 5" diameter Simons resonator I added, mainly because the non res was 150£ cheaper last BF and Im cheap like that. 😄

Rostfri universaldel Ljuddämpare TURBONETT Universal part Silencer stainless steel TURBONETT (simons.se)

My GTI never came with GPF so you cant use same DP as me but Demon Tweeks are good to deal with.

Catalysts, Manifolds & Downpipes | Demon Tweeks (demon-tweeks.com)