GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti vs 5.0

boosted135

Ready to race!
See? It is possible to troll Lou! LOL

Kinda. They still have a bit to go to get to the level of driver connection as most other sports cars. I have high hopes for the new mustang's chassis. Not just IRS, but the little things like double ball-joints up front. That's a near-unnecessary change from a marketing standpoint that the engineering team fought for anyways just to get the handing response they wanted.

Mostly, I wish all the American manufacturers would get rid of the base models of these muscle cars. The V6 mustang is, always was and always will be anemic. Something that looks like that and wears the Mustang name shouldn't be competing with stock GTI's in straight-line speed. Camero and Challenger are even worse offenders. The base models just shouldn't exist. Seeing dudes feeling hot and fast in a base model puts a heavy pit in my stomach.

butchered by autocorrecr

Agreed. However, with the introduction of forced induction into the base model I'm excited to see what bolt ons and tuning will produce from the new gen mustang.

Gti207

Ready to race!
Factory warranties matter to me. 398hp and 430 lb/ft. Once again, get your facts straight

boosted135

Ready to race!
Factory warranties matter to me. 398hp and 430 lb/ft. Once again, get your facts straight

So the factory warranty matters on your 335 but not your GTI? Got it.

Quoting brake horsepower doesn't really mean anything to me. And BMW /DINAN partnership ended in 2007. I go in FBO to my dealer and get things replaced for free; and I'm well out of warranty. Looks like DINAN swindled you like he has everyone else.

And whp wise you're sitting around 340.

Gti207

Ready to race!
Your ignorance is almost humorous. Patrick BMW (a dealer around where I live) honors factory warranties with dinan tunes. They try and sell cars brand new with dinan chips in them. Further autobarn mt. prospect (a vw dealer by me) is very mod friendly and will honor warranty claims with the tune. They chipped my car. Why don't you kindly gtfo.

Gti207

Ready to race!
My 335is is simply a weekend car I enjoy. I'm not taking it to the drag strip or auto x it. I just enjoy driving the car. I'm not looking to push the limits of the motor to the edge.

boosted135

Ready to race!
Yeah I guess with that 340 whp monster in your stable coupled with your 220 whp 5.0 killer you're just the king of the streets around your part of town. Remind me to not even try when I see a 335i with A DINAN badge on the trunk. Wouldn't want to get embarrassed.

Gti207

Ready to race!
You forget the x5 50i in the stable [emoji6]. I don't have dinan badge. There are 2 458s in my neighborhood so I most definitely do not see myself as the "king of the streets". I'm not looking to argue with you, I just ask that you worry about your own automotive endeavors.

Gti207

Ready to race!
That is unless you enjoy this back and forth stupidity.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Agreed. However, with the introduction of forced induction into the base model I'm excited to see what bolt ons and tuning will produce from the new gen mustang.

V6 is still the base. Ecoboost is a, what, $1700 option? And yeah, I'm really pumped to hear what this 2.3 can do. If it's anything like the MS3 ecotech (or was it the duratech?) we can expect at least 60whp out of a hpfp and tune. Then you'll have a lighter more balanced car with big HP and torque. Not quite V8 response, no, but the weight penalty for that coyote isn't worth it over a tuned turbo 4. Unless you like warranties.

butchered by autocorrecr

Gti207

Ready to race!
Dude stop it already you're embarrassing us with the collective wealth of your neighborhood.

I was waiting for that pathetic jab.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
V6 is still the base. Ecoboost is a, what, $1700 option? And yeah, I'm really pumped to hear what this 2.3 can do. If it's anything like the MS3 ecotech (or was it the duratech?) we can expect at least 60whp out of a hpfp and tune. Then you'll have a lighter more balanced car with big HP and torque. Not quite V8 response, no, but the weight penalty for that coyote isn't worth it over a tuned turbo 4. Unless you like warranties.

butchered by autocorrecr
I don't think the weight advantage is as good as people think it is. I'm gonna guess 150 pounds at the most.