GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs MINI S?

oliverjshannon

Hey guys I am picking up my CSG 6MT gti tomorrow :drool: and my friend has a 2008 Mini Cooper S. He has a CAI and exhaust, and maybe a tune I'm not sure. Ever since I told him I am getting a GTI he has wanted to line up and race. So my question is as follows: how would a bone stock Gti hold up against a slightly modded cooper?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I think the cooper is slightly faster if modded.

That car weighs 500lbs less than a GTI although it is also down 30hp.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
My money would be on the Mini. For now.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
you will win!! if he only has a CAI and Exhaust with NO downpipe. if he has a tune+downpipe he will win!!

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
The manual makes this a driver's race I think. DSG, and you'd get him every time.

Redzgti

Ready to race!
The mini s is slow it runs a 16 something stock I raced my buddies stock for stock and I cracked him I can post slips if u want official results

oliverjshannon

Hey guys I just got back from driving around :happyanim: and showing off my new baby :D it's a little late for pictures but it's 2dr 6Mt csg. I will post pictures soon. But anyways going to break it in and really enjoy it before i think about racing.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys I just got back from driving around :happyanim: and showing off my new baby :D it's a little late for pictures but it's 2dr 6Mt csg. I will post pictures soon. But anyways going to break it in and really enjoy it before i think about racing.

I was totally confused by your sig til I figured out that the mods you listed were for your Audi. Congrats, and seems like you're familiar with the upgrade path for VAG turbo cars, so... get to it (and kick some mini ass).

Redzgti

Ready to race!
that was supposed to say 15 not 16 sry. and it might have been the conditions for what ever reason. but i ran a 14.8 and my buddy in his mini s ran a 15.6 and that was our best

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
I have an R56 MCS.. tuned, catless dp, intake, fmic, plus more..

I put down 221WHP/245WTQ and weighted in at 2660lbs with a full tank.

So I am not going to say who is going to win I am just giving you some numbers.

I ran 14.1@95MPH on Stock tune where I made 160WHP/172WTQ.

I can pull on Stage 2 GTi's fairly easily, and I seem to pull them harder above 100mph.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I have an R56 MCS.. tuned, catless dp, intake, fmic, plus more..

I put down 221WHP/245WTQ and weighted in at 2660lbs with a full tank.

So I am not going to say who is going to win I am just giving you some numbers.

I ran 14.1@95MPH on Stock tune where I made 160WHP/172WTQ.

I can pull on Stage 2 GTi's fairly easily, and I seem to pull them harder above 100mph.

You're trapping at only 95mph at 221whp? that doesn't sound right. You should be at over 100.