GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Halvie's Build Thread

Halvie

WOOSA
Would say do SuperPro lca over tt.

Does the ttrs subframe even fit our car? Know it fits the GLI, but I was told it didn't. If it does, is it lighter than the stock subframe?

Running stock ball joints.

Fenders aren't on yet. Inch wider per side. Inside is a bit rough I guess. Will be going on once I confirm rear wheels are going to fit.

Changed mounts cause I was bored and wanted to learn how to do it myself. Had a shop install the dli mounts.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
This is all wrong. You do not need a TT subframe to use the TT LCA. Trust me, I'm rocking them on my car with a gti subframe and gti spindles

Jetta has a different sub frame then the gti and from what I know gti, passat, ttrs etc LCAs won't fit jetta subframe

Halvie

WOOSA
Jetta has a different sub frame then the gti and from what I know gti, passat, ttrs etc LCAs won't fit jetta subframe

TTRS might. I think the beetle and gli share the same platform. Believe APR had to use ttrs subframe and lca on the beetle build from a while back.

Milo1975

TTRS might. I think the beetle and gli share the same platform. Believe APR had to use ttrs subframe and lca on the beetle build from a while back.

Beetle, Mk6 Jetta have the same subframe. TTRS has the same "bolt Pattern" but of course is aluminum, different control arms etc.

I have a MK6 Jetta so I ordered a TTRS Subframe and B6 Passat arms (shorter than ttrs? i believe).

I am going o have the Passat lower control arms welded and machined ti accept the adjustable TTRS ball joints. Don't think anyone has done this so I will report back. The idea being to maintain track width AND have camber adjustment. That and I already have all the parts.

Basically my car is a TDI Jetta Version of the APR Super Beetle.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion

Sorry didn't realize he was talking about a jetta

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
Excellent build !

wbean

attention whore
wow i really enjoy your thread. we have almost matching cars haha

well shadow blue and brembo big brake kit but yours look bigger than 355mm
SRS wide fenders as well

MarkVIChris

Ready to race!
This is the most perfect Mark 6 I have ever seen in my life.:eek:
Seriously. Nicest Build ever.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Halvie when was the last time you drove the car

Halvie

WOOSA
Halvie when was the last time you drove the car

Enjoyable drive? October / Early November 2012.

Sitting at work still. This is sort of blowing my mind.

Thinking about it, I have probably had the car around 50% of the time of ownership where I could drive it whenever I want. Winters seem to be an ever increasing amount of the year around here. Over a year this go around. Was gone for 4+ months the first time 3+ came out.

A hoot.