GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone tried dunlop direzza z2?

jy7347

Passed Driver's Ed
As the title says, has anyone tried those tires? They seem to have pretty good reviews. And they do look pretty badass Lol.

I'm thinking about getting those when my tires r out.
Where I live there r quite a bit of rain in summer, but I never go fast in rain, so as long as tires can handle normal driving style in rain it's fine.

What do you guys think?

Btw I have a 2012 golf r w/ 19"rims, knowing z2 only have 245/40 r19 for 19" You guys think it's ok to fit that in replacing my 235/35 r19 now?

Thanks for any input!

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
I cannot comment on the fit as I have only used 18" tires.

Having said that, the ZII's are great for racing. Tonnes of grip even in moist conditions. I have no feedback for standing water though because I only used these tires for autocross.

They are very loud compared to typical street tires though. They are also very soft, so don't expect them to last as long as usual tires would.

Hopefully that gives you some insight.

jy7347

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks for the input! ya i been looking around and i really like the look of the z2 lol looks real badass

wbean

attention whore
hey man ..

i'm from hong kong too LOL

i run dunlop Z2 daily ... you can't run 245/40/19. the profile is much too large.

1) your fenders wont like it
2) your speedo will be off, by more than a little bit
3) it'll look ugly

dunlop Z2 is an amazing tire for the money. Provides lots of grip, lots of feedback. very direct steering. even in water it's better than other tires i've tried. I've had hankook V12, Nitto neogen, NT05, michelin PS2, etc. At its limit it quickly fades thou. don't push it till it wants to slip (on the R anyway) cause it really wants to give up past that point. back off on the tires just at the point of rotation and these hold up fantastic.

downside: road noise, especially hong kong pavements .. it's not going to be quiet or refined tires if this is your car you taking your clients out for lunch. trust me i drive the benz when i need to "geen hak"

I've had these for around 10,000 km and they seem to be holding up. around 60% tread left. i drive through TMS with the VWR guys and Shek O almost once a week, twice a week when i first got the tires. Don't have the same issues as michelin PSS where the sidewall melt at extreme temperatures.

PM me man! if u wanna hear how bad it is you can hop in my car and see if you can stand it first. it's the directional tread on the side that makes it so loud.